Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Guess who i met today?!!!! A star! >

Guess who i met today?!!!! A star!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Guess who i met today?!!!! A star!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Guess who i met today?!!!! A star!

I just got back in from shooting and i met a Star on the range! His name is Mr. Crud Ring! I took 3 shots with my normal load and sure enough! Those remington kleanbore primers put me back to 2" groups at 50 yards, blew unburnt powder all over the snow in front of me and introduced me to mr crud ring. I threw those primers out today and will never use them again. Im sticking with cci primers from this day on. I still have 3 more shots left but walking through this deep snow is to much for me right now. The last time i shot at the nra i used nothing but cci primers with my load and loaded 14 shots that went down smooth and with little effort. Im throwing up my hands on this. Im not going to waste my money on this new stuff that comes out each way thats supposed to be better and easier for you, so far all the little things ive used that are "new" have turned out to be total crap. I also went back to breechplug grease, it seems to be working better for me. Good news is im only 4" high at 50 yards so that was a good thing to know where im at. I may do those 3 other shots later in the day after i swab that crud out of the barrel. [:@]ruined my day with those friggin worthless primers. Im going to take a pic of my bolt now with the "kleanbore" primers i used then i'll clean it all out and take pics when i switch to the cci primers. Freakin huge difference.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Default RE: Guess who i met today?!!!! A star!

here the pics! Amazing difference with the cci primers! All 3 shots were touching this time! Fouling was cut back big time and no mr crud ring. Heres all the pics, first are pics when i used the remington "kleanbore" primers.

Next up is 3 shots with CCI primers shown below.

Wow, horrible cci primer plug pic but you can tell its not black and not covered with globs of fouling like the other one. So off to the trash can those remington primers go.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM

I like the CCI's the best too. I used the Triple 7's and loved them as well. If something works perfect, don't switch. That's my motto. There's way too much new crap on the market. I'd have to take a 30 year loan to try it all. I just stick to what works and what's reasonably priced.

I had the choice of the Triple 7's and the Kleanbore's. I had a feeling about the Winchester's and chose right. They don't foul it up much at all.

My vote's still for the good old CCI's though. They're the top of the line.

Congrats on your shooting success! I'd like to do some blasting but it's freaking cold out. There's snow so at least snowmobiling's an option.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

im really surprised. in my neck of the woods cci-s in general have the dirty reputation. speaking of there general product line things like 44 mag 22 ammo. i use there musket caps and they flake up the fire hole. much dirtier than most. rws musket caps are way cleaner. i just bought a bunch of the remingtons so im gonna give them a try as well as the triple 777-209-s.