Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight anyone?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Knight anyone?

I dont hear many people talking about Knight rifles on this forum like they are on other forums. What is you guy's opinon" of the Knight revolution II or the Knight vision rifles just curious because I have heard so much about them being a quality rifle.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knight anyone?

That is kind of funny. Man, T/C has just KILLED Knight over the past few years with their Encore and Omega series rifles! Man, just look at todays modern muzzleloader selectionby several companies,.... I promise you that everyones offerings come as close as they can to these two T/C designs! I'm not brand loyal to any company, I have simply always said "build me a better mousetrap" and I'll buy it!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:40 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: dbc5150

I dont hear many people talking about Knight rifles on this forum like they are on other forums. What is you guy's opinon" of the Knight revolution II or the Knight vision rifles just curious because I have heard so much about them being a quality rifle.
I have had alot of knights and T/C. I get both to shoot well. The knight vision is a nice rifle. I like it just as much as the omega.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Knights are great rifles. I just do not like the new offerings from them. They just do not appeal to me for some reason I can not put a finger on. That is a personal opinion as I have not shot them. I was able to handle a Revolution at a store and really, was not all that impressed. Not enough to fork over $350+ dollars.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I think the reason that Knight is not talked about as much ius because they dont spend the advertising dollars like TC.

If I saw Shockey and those other guys on TV using Knight instead of the Pro Hunter and Encore, I hate to admit it, but I would propably shoot and konw more people that shoot Knights.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually Knight does a great deal of advertising. Open any hunting or shooting magazine and there are adds from all the major companies, Knight included. As for Shockey he was a Knight spokesperson for many years, and then decided to go to Thompson Center. Why I have no idea but I am sure it had something to do with the mighty dollar. Maybe not.

I really think the reason Knight lost a lot of buzz on the forums is their new models did not go over as well as they thought. You take their old models like the Wolverine, Bighorn, Disc, Disc Elite, etc... try and find someone that does not like those rifles. There were countless post of their quality. Just like at that time you found a lot of Black Diamond XR and Omega posts.

I do not know the answer. Knight is a great rifle. Their new rifles, until I hear some respected posters tell first hand accounts on them, I would not even consider them. I am sure as they revamp their models, they will improve their forum buzzand their sales will increase.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM

Well my personal opinon is T/C is way overated and priced now dont get me wrong I would love to have $800 prohunter but it is never gonna happen. There is all this talk about spanish barrels are junk CVA is junk and Traditions is junk but I bet if they put as much money as T/C did in advertising they would be top sellers to. Plus they will kill dear just as dead as a T/C. Everyone has there own opinon but when T/C started making the omega everyone jumped on the band wagon and hyped them up to be where they are now. They do make a quality firearm but I think they are running themselfs right out of the poor mans market. If there is anyone out there that would like to donate me one I will jump on the bandwagon to just like Shockey did.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

My one inline is a Knight Disc...I like it so much that it's all I need...If it got stolen, I'dprobably try and find a used one in good condition...I prefer an adjustable trigger and a safety, instead of hammer as well as the 2nd safety...Only thing T/C has to crow about is ease of cleaning and I've never been lazy about keeping my guns clean...My othermuzzleloaders are flintlocks...

I think I have a pretty good idea why Jim $$$$$$$hockey is now peddling T/C.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I hear, Knights are going to be talked about much more in the near future. Their new rifle is apparently very well done.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Spike

For years, it seemed T/C was playing catch-up in the inline muzzleloader game. They relied on the Thunderhawk/Firehawk/System 1/Black Diamond basic design which, though solid, is uninspiring and far from innovative. Not only that, but prior to the Black Diamond, they kept one foot in the conical world by offering 1 in 38 as a fast twist. They seemed unwilling to acknowledge sabots as the projectile of the future for muzzleloaders. Thus it seemed that for truly innovative sabot shooters, one had to turn to Knight.

Well, with the Omega and Encore, T/C finally caught up. They finally got the right people in the right positions, focused on inlinesand came up with innovative designs that solved some real problems. The complaint now is that T/C has left the traditional shooter in the dust. The regular product line has only the Hawken and the Firestorm as sidelocks and then only in .50 cal. So now the rock lockers and PRB shooters feel abandoned.

After the true innovation of the Mk85 rifles, Knight just got used to having things its own way with competition that was stuck in the past. A lot of whatKnight called innovation in recent years left me shaking my head. More like solutions to nonexistent problems....though both companies have been guilty of this.

Now, with T/C up to speed, Knight is going to have to prove that it's more than a one-trick pony. I wonder if anyone at Knight has considered attacking T/C in the traditional market? They are vulnerable there, but it's a limited market.

I say all this as a confirmed T/C loyalist. Got closets full of them. They treated me so good with the Contenders, that when I started muzzleloading, I wouldn't consider anything else...as good as the Knights looked.
Bob

Quick Reply: Knight anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.