Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Electra Magnum >

CVA Electra Magnum

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Electra Magnum

Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA Electra Magnum

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

I think this might just be an idea that should not have been run to completion. I for one would not trust a switch or a cut off to make sure that the damn thing did not ignite just as I pushed the bullet down. I am a little nervous just loading quickly if there might be any sparks in the bore. I have done it hunting and never had it go off but I am very careful to not have my hand over the ramrod. In fact the one thing I like about the Hubbard ramrod for the NEF is that it is two inches longer that stock which allows having your hand wrapped around the rod when the bullet goes to full seat. Just read about someone that ran the ramrod through his hand with a similar accident.
Keith,

I may be wrong, but I think the electronic ignition idea will fail proving your suspicions correct.I am sure they have engineered safety checks into the system, but what could be safer than the hammer uncocked and the rifle not primed? I think few will find the electronic ignition part that compelling.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2litl2l8

I think it is great, no more forgeting the damn primer, ya it happens to the best of us.
You still need to check the battery, and knowing my luck it would go out on that trophy buck of a lifetime. Give them credit for a unique design though. The prices are pretty steep and what happens if there is short or malfunction of the wiring, it could happen. Seems like there is a chance for too many problems, keep it simple and you have less to remember at the range. Here's what would be awesome, if a company had a test
site(s) for the public to come and test their product line of guns, they would clean up for sure. I definetily would have to shoot this one to get the feel of it. I don't think they are going to do too well on this one.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just kinda curious how cold weather will effect this gun.I know when the temps drop here in the late season cars wont start, game camera batteries dont last to long, my cordless drills go dead fast at work etc..I have enough problems keeping powder and primers dry without worrying about dropping my gun in a snowbank and having it short out on me anyway
Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://fieldandstream.blogs.com/gunnut/2007/01/electrifying_mu.html
Old 01-13-2007, 04:32 PM

This is NOT a new idea entirely. It may be a first for ML's but Remington built a model 700 a few years back with an electronic ignigon and it failed miserably. Consumers wanted NOTHING to do with it and it was discontinued.

s6
Old 01-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Spike

Yeah, I remember that. The Remington Etronix; the solution to a non-existent problem. You'd think the CVA boys would have been aware of that fiasco.

In the brainstorming sessions in which I've participated, it seems there's nothing so attractive to manufacturing management as an idea that's been tried before and which failed. Some clunkers get recycled on a yearly basis. The guy who speaks up and mentions the prior sorry experience gets labeled as "Not a team player".

Still, I wish I had the nerve to post the originalCVAlink over at muzzleloadingforum.com. Bet half the posters and all the moderators would turn purple .
Bob
Old 01-13-2007, 05:45 PM

I personally think it's the worst muzzleloader I've ever seen. I guarantee it will fail eventually. What's so hard about putting a cap on? All the things you guys mentioned are sure to go wrong with it. In my opinion, the only people who will buy it are uninformed or talked into it. You can't be so lazy that you won't put a cap on or you shouldn't be muzzleloading.

That's my thoughts.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Spike

No thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: short_start

In the brainstorming sessions in which I've participated, it seems there's nothing so attractive to manufacturing management as an idea that's been tried before and which failed. Some clunkers get recycled on a yearly basis. The guy who speaks up and mentions the prior sorry experience gets labeled as "Not a team player".

I retired from General Motors after 39 years. The last four or five years my boss said "It is OK if you don't want to come to the meetings as everyone gets upset when you tell them we tried it before and it didn't work". I quit going to the meetings and finally had time to get some work done.

would turn purple .
Bob
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it will work? Maybe it won't?
My question is what do you tell your hunting partner after he stopped by to pick you up at 4:00 in the morning drove 50 miles then says OH I bought a new ML, its' a CVA Electra Magnum.
Do want to chance being near him at any time with it loaded?
Do you tell him to take you back home?
Or do you bail out of the truck lay in a ditch till he is well into the woods and call your other half to come get you?

Just asking

Quick Reply: CVA Electra Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.