Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I gotta vent. bullet prices >

I gotta vent. bullet prices

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I gotta vent. bullet prices

Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Default I gotta vent. bullet prices

Im not sure what you guys are paying but TC has upped their price on their tc maxi hunter bullets, $12 for 20! $3 more and i could have bought my powerbelts, if they would have had them in stock. I picked up a box of maxi hunters in 350 grain and a box of great plains bullets in 385 grain. Seeing how they only had one box of each, i figured i'd try them both out tomorrow and see how they do. Even the damn sabots were high priced in the $13 range for 15. Powder was the same price, $14 for pyrodex rs.

Outdoorslover, i just got your pm and thank you, i'll be giving them a call tomorrow. Also be sighting in tomorrow, with the old sights, but also ordering my new sights tomorrow. ahhh such a busy day!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I gotta vent. bullet prices

My Bullshop conicals run about 30 cents ea I think - and thats for 460 to 500 gr.

Steve

Old 01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Wow those are some high prices. I paid $10 for a box of 15 250gr Shockwaves with sabots. I bought 2 boxes, maybe I should have bought 2 more. I was also lucky and found a box of 20 350gr maxi-hunter for $5 at our local walmart. It was the only box, now I know why. The maxi-hunters I bought have the bore butter in the groves.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Yea shooting the ol .50 is kinda depressing when i'm at the last in the pack. I shoot 338gr powerbelt platinums, picked some up at a sporting goods place goin out of business for $12 a pack, but now i'm out again and its 18-20 a pack. thats more than a dollara bullet and its crazy.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

What will happen eventually is people will find alternatives from the $1.00 bullet. Then as sales of the bullet drop, the stores and company will realize they have fleeced the public long enough and the price comes down for a short time. Then when people get used to buying them again, the price goes up.

I have a hard time paying that kind of money for a projectile. That is why I always look for alternatives that might not shoot pin point as perfect, but do an excellent job at a fraction of the cost. A good example of this is the Barnes Expanders. They are normally $1.00 or more each. They are a great shooting, hard hitting, excellent expanding bullet. My rifles love the things. I can get the same kind of accuracy though with simple Hornady XTP's at $10.00 for 50. Catch them on sale and they are even cheaper.

I have a rifle that shoots Powerbelts excellent. I refuse to pay that kind of money for them so I switched to Saber Tooth Conicals. They shoot just as well. They are $8.00 for 15 of them. A much better deal.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am new to muzzleloaders, but what is wrong with shooting cast bullets at $20 for 100 or more? I have been using them for reloading my 44 levergun and they work great. Excuse my ignorance, but I have never been one to pay more than I have to for bullets.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I am new to muzzleloaders, but what is wrong with shooting cast bullets at $20 for 100 or more? I have been using them for reloading my 44 levergun and they work great. Excuse my ignorance, but I have never been one to pay more than I have to for bullets.
Many of us cast our own bullets. There is nothing wrong with shooting them. I suggest you cast them from as pure a lead as possible for the muzzleloaders.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Well i just ordered those $50 sights for my rifle. After gift cards, a total of $17.39 came out of my pocket . Im only going to shoot 3 rounds tomorrow, i dont want to blow all my ammo with sights that are going to be coming off. These new sights i ordered look great. Does anyone use the Ghost ring rear sight on their rifle? Im just curious how it works. Im thinking its almost like a peep sight with a fiber optic around the edges?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

500 at a time, my Bull Shop conicals cost about 22 cents each. Shoot great!

I cast (some several bullets possible)and just can't see doing it myself for that price. http://home.mchsi.com/~rltsr/bullshop.jpg Picture shows just some of the pure lead conicals Dan can produce for the muzzleloader shooter. He can vary the sizing, lube used, and has other styles and weights. Shipped and delivered from Alaska, my last 500 bullets cost just about $112 total.

I'm sure Dan can also produce a number of bullets which would be perfectly suitable for use in sabots although I have no use for such abominations of nature.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

500 at a time, my Bull Shop conicals cost about 22 cents each. Shoot great!

I cast (some several bullets possible)and just can't see doing it myself for that price. http://home.mchsi.com/~rltsr/bullshop.jpg Picture shows just some of the pure lead conicals Dan can produce for the muzzleloader shooter. He can vary the sizing, lube used, and has other styles and weights. Shipped and delivered from Alaska, my last 500 bullets cost just about $112 total.

I'm sure Dan can also produce a number of bullets which would be perfectly suitable for use in sabots although I have no use for such abominations of nature.
Thank you for the info and link.

Quick Reply: I gotta vent. bullet prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.