Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Default RE: Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it had a black barrel and black synthetic stock.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

txhunter58, You might try 20 gr volium measure corn meal and an over the powder wad my Omega will shoot Maxie balls and Ballets in 2.5 inches with that combo and several others into 3 or a bit more. Lee
Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 PM

I am sorry if this does sound like an ad guys. I just wanted to let you know what I think quality is.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Just yanking your chain. I would have just bought it in the first place myself. I still don't think you gave the other rifle a fair chance.

BUT, the Omega is a bettter rifle.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks lemoyne. I plan on trying that as well in my next outing. Read cayugad's report on that very thing and figured it was worth a shot as well..
Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Don't put any stock into Frontier Gander, it is very evident that he is in every way Anti-Thompson Center and there have been numerous posts on here displaying his views to that. I have an Encore that I love and when you find the load that drives tacks, it's almost as good as killing the big one. Sounds like you have that success. Congrats on getting a great ML. Any ML that a person is comfortable with as far as price, weight, shooting, etc was the one that was intended for that person. I'm sure the Apex is a good gun, not gona slam it cause I've never had one in my hands. Just did some research and all fingers pointed to Thompson Center when I was in the market.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

As stated above, the most important thing is that you are happy and confident with your gun. Wish I could say the same thing about my Omega. Since I can only hunt with conicals, I am still looking for that "sweet spot" of correct bullet/powder combination. Just ordered a couple of different types of wads to try and see if that makes a difference.
I sure hope it does. Good luck with that.

outdoorslover,dang I was hoping that your Apex was shipped back to Cabelas. Maybe you could give frontier gander the location you took it back to. Congratulations on your new rifle, sounds like its going to give you lots of years of great service.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txfireman

Don't put any stock into Frontier Gander, it is very evident that he is in every way Anti-Thompson Center . . .
Hey give him a break. I don't think anyone paid much attention to his assessment of the omega and encore. Frontier Gander has been collecting muzzleloaders since a teenager. He's takes pride in his CVA's, traditions, and Winchesters. And why shouldn't he be proud of them? He has worked hard to earn the money which purchased them and they have served him well. One thing I think we all miss here is that people who buy something other than T/C don't want to be relegated to being a second class citizen for having done so. A little more tolerance on everyone's part, (including frontier gander's), is in order.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: txfireman

Don't put any stock into Frontier Gander, it is very evident that he is in every way Anti-Thompson Center and there have been numerous posts on here displaying his views to that. I have an Encore that I love and when you find the load that drives tacks, it's almost as good as killing the big one. Sounds like you have that success. Congrats on getting a great ML. Any ML that a person is comfortable with as far as price, weight, shooting, etc was the one that was intended for that person. I'm sure the Apex is a good gun, not gona slam it cause I've never had one in my hands. Just did some research and all fingers pointed to Thompson Center when I was in the market.

I noticed something you said that outdoors was unwilling to do " when you find that load". I wanted to buy the apex off him, i missed out on the cabelas deal and this was my last resort. When you offer the person more than what they pay and they turn it out, kinda makes u wonder if they had the thing. And after 60 rounds, wouldnt you be looking for new bullets? And thank you Phil, those were kind and very true words, i did work my butt off when i was younger to buy all my muzzleloaders, and why should i keep quiet when someone is talking/spreading false rumors about my choice of rifle? I know these TC guys start crying when they read one bad thing. I owned a TC so im not anti TC. I just choose to go with an inline that i can actually use and depend on when it comes to shooting conicals. But the bottom line here is, i simply wanted to buy the apex off the guy. Its my own personal choice of rifle i use so of course im going to put my 2 cents in when i come across a post. I also drive buicks, who wants to take a shot at me for driving one?
The one thing im wondering about his new omega is: Is the drop breech sealed 100% like the apex? Ive read on other posts that they are not and people are switched to the .25 conversion.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

i did work my butt off when i was younger to buy all my muzzleloaders, and why should i keep quiet when someone is talking/spreading false rumors about my choice of rifle?
I don't think you should keep quiet. I think its good to describe your experience and satisfaction. But you shouldn't trash their choice for this reason, you don't like it when they trash yours. But just for the record, I respect your choices and how hard you worked to pay for them.

Quick Reply: Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.