Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Just Rouged My Encore Bore >

Just Rouged My Encore Bore

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just Rouged My Encore Bore

Old 12-31-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Just Rouged My Encore Bore

Worked over the bore of my Encore with jeweler's rouge today. The gun is hard to load and the bore looked rough. There were dark streaks on the lands and grooves. Gave it a good work over with red jeweler's rouge. The bore is now very shiny and smooth looking. Will take it outthis week and see if it loads any easier.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just Rouged My Encore Bore

alsaqr

What combination are you loading into your Encore? Just curious...

Old 12-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I was wondering the same thing. Have your tried some of the easy glide sabots?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:37 PM

"What combination are you loading into your Encore? Just curious... "

i am currently hunting with 90 grains of Jim Shockey's Goldand a 250 grain SST sabot load. Primer is Winchester M/L. The gun shoots the 240 grain XTP to the same point of aim with that powder load. This is a very accurate load. Have killed two deer and a hog with it. One of the deer was at 160 yards.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:42 PM

"I was wondering the same thing. Have your tried some of the easy glide sabots?"

Have not tried them yetsincethey are not available locally. Plan toorder some soon. They sound really good.
That gun loads hard allthe way down the bore. There are no easy spots like some guns.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

alsaqr,if your bore is exactly .500 like a lot of TC bores it will load awful tight with the SST sabot the Shock Waves have the same bullet and a better fitting sabot and the MMP- HPH 24 will load like a dream and shoot as good as any. The bore sizes do very some so if you can not measure it accurately and do not live close to one of use who can you might want to try a few of each. If you just need 3 to check the fit PM me with your address and I will mail you a few. Lee
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Well maybe your working over the bore like you did, will make all the difference in the world. Good luck with your rifle.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

alsaqr

Lee is right on point... SST's come with HPH-12 sabots which are the thicker variety... If you want to shoot SST's you will need to change to HPH-12 sabots or regular Harvesters.... You can purchase the HPH-24's off the shelf if you purchase TC Mag Express Sabots. You can not purchase the Superglide sabot which is made by MMP, because it is under contract to TC, but you can purchse from MMP the new HPH-3p-ez which will load as easy as the superglides or the other alternative is the Havester "crush rib"

The TC shockwaves come with the HPH-24 sabot....

It is always nice to have a clean and shiny bore - so the elbow grease you applied will accomplish that anyway... + now I'll bet the 24's fit perfect...

As Lee saidfor the EZ sabots if you need a few to try send a PM...

mike
Old 12-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

The crush rib and the new super glide are to loose in both of my TC inlines they wont shoot good and I would be afraid to try to carry them aroud hunting for fear they would not stay down on the powder.
I mentioned this to make any new comers to the sport aware that anything that loads too easy could be dangerous if it moves off the powder it can act as a barrel obstruction. Lee
Old 12-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

you guys that are having fit problems with your omegas have you tried the 300 grain 44 caliber hornady xtp-s with the green hornady sabots instead of the 45 caliber bullets with the black SABOTS? im wondering if the 44-s load easier in general?

Quick Reply: Just Rouged My Encore Bore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.