HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Triple 7 or Pyrodex for my Encore (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/172720-triple-7-pyrodex-my-encore.html)

EncoreJoe 12-30-2006 10:19 PM

Triple 7 or Pyrodex for my Encore

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and would like some input on BP choices.

I purchased an encore a few years ago and started shooting 2 50/50 Triple seven pellets with the 250 grain shock wave from TC.

Heres the problem. The guns is dead accurate, however I have a hell of a time trying to get a second bullet down the barrel even after running a few patches down the barrel in the field. And there is no way I can get a second bullet to seat at all if I dont run a patch down it.

I complained to TC about this for 2 years and I guess others have done the same because now they make the shock waves with lubercation.

I was also told from TC that I should not shoot triple seven from my gun because it gets a build up down where the bullet seats. The tech said I should go to pyrodex and after shooting 6 or so shots, it should clean out this build up..

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM???

Thanks,
Captain Joe
Offshore Custom Tackle
www.offshorecustomtackle.com

cayugad 12-30-2006 10:42 PM

RE: Triple 7 or Pyrodex for my Encore

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and would like some input on BP choices.

I purchased an encore a few years ago and started shooting 2 50/50 Triple seven pellets with the 250 grain shock wave from TC.

Heres the problem. The guns is dead accurate, however I have a hell of a time trying to get a second bullet down the barrel even after running a few patches down the barrel in the field. And there is no way I can get a second bullet to seat at all if I dont run a patch down it.

I complained to TC about this for 2 years and I guess others have done the same because now they make the shock waves with lubercation.

I was also told from TC that I should not shoot triple seven from my gun because it gets a build up down where the bullet seats. The tech said I should go to pyrodex and after shooting 6 or so shots, it should clean out this build up..

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM???

You're sure not the first one to complain about this. You could try the Pyrodex Pellets and see if that helps. Or perhaps go to a different igniton system. Maybe start swabbing with a bore brush and a patch wrapped around it. The brush will take the crud ring out as well and might remove it easier. I personally do not have the problem with my rifles. Good luck with your rifle. And welcome to the forum. Its good to have you here.

stalkingbear 12-31-2006 01:02 PM

Go with american pioneer jim shockey select loose powder with quick loaders. Nonfouling,accurate,great velocity. What more could you ask for?

lemoyne 12-31-2006 02:30 PM

It is not impossable to cure the problem to a reasonable extent, I had it really bad since I insist on experimenting with every thing availble I just kept trying, it helped several things when I polished the barrel with jewerals rouge and then Sabot loader gave me a tip on keeping the pores full of BB know its not much more of a problem than Pyrodex.
I would suggest you try APP sticks as they are the least corosive of the subs and I have shot all afternoon with out cleaning or needing to Pyrodex will also work well and if you are really sold on it and willing to go to the trouble of doing it you can make 777 work. Lee

rks1949 01-01-2007 04:59 AM

I shoot T7 all the time,it's my powder of choice. On the range I use Mean Green Window cleaner(at Dollar General Store,1.70 for 40oz.) It cuts through the ring like a fat kid in a candy store!:DWhen I'm hunting I use a plain old spit patch between shots(you have allways got that one with ya!) No problems!