Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Ramrod

Old 12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Omega Ramrod

Hey guys,

I have a question about the ramrod on my Omega. Is there a way to place an attachemnt for pushing pointed bullets like the shockwave and still be able to put the ramrod back into the rifle?

My knight places the jag towards the front so I just keep a small fitting on the end of it to push pointed bullets in.

Any suggestions.

Tom
Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 AM

Default RE: Omega Ramrod

The omega has threads on both ends of the ramrod. Jags should easily fit on the muzzle end without interrupting the barrel.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

statjunk

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a Flimt River ram rod kit. You can make it any size you want to. Then I purchased a TC extended super jag, put it all together and in the Omega..

The super jag will patch and load all the different bullets. The nose of the jag is a very deep contoured cavity - works great....

If you can not find the stuff you need and you want one - let me know last year @ the Wal-Mart sale out I purchased 20 of those rods still have some left.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

I also want to put a jag on the ramrod on my Omega. With the jag flush with the end of the barrel, like yours is,is it long enough without adding anything to the other end of the rod.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

mayguy

The ram rod comes 32" long with one end already installed. You then measure and cut the rod to length, minus the length of the jag, with a fine tooth hack saw, press or drive the second end into the ram rod and then install what ever jag you choose...

Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Statjunk,

Here is the mod I made to my XS power rod and I like it better cause it has the"T" handle for pressing the bullet home yet it fits powbelts and SST ML by hornady/shockwaves. You also don't need a bullet starter for the final bullet pressure.
TC 's new power rod that they remanufactured from XS usesthe original TC taperedon one end which requires the the use of aloading tip TC part #9067fitting added on or the super jag TC part # 9087/9059 after the shot which is an extra step when you may not have the time for a second shot.
Check out my post on "new omega changes" and it explains it all.

I like sabotloaders idea. Hey that end wrench rest is cool!
LOL, SHills

Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sabot,

Does the Flint River Ramrod Kit have the jagged side so that you can grip the rod to pull it out when you're running patches?

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

statjunk

No, It is just like the orginal only you have the jag installed... Same length so it does bottom out with out a load. I carry a small "T" handle with me for patching. While hunting I know I can get 2 or three shots if necessary without patching. Really I have almost given up on that real quick second shot so i just have the "t" handle in vest pocket go ahead and run a spit patch and the reload...

I am not sure that TC's power rod would be any better because the handle would already be there but you would still need to screw on a jag.

With mine if I need to reload "now" I can - and I do not get enough fouling to prevent an immediate reload.

mike