HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   T/C Pro Hunter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/171715-t-c-pro-hunter.html)

buck_hunter14 12-24-2006 10:06 AM

T/C Pro Hunter

Dad got a new t/c pro hunter wendsay and we are gonna get a new scope for it probaly a nikon.If you have a pro hunter what kind of scope do u have on yours?

gnarly 12-24-2006 11:15 AM

RE: T/C Pro Hunter

i recently got a new prohunter about a month ago. i had a swarovski 3-12 x 50 on a 30-06 that im gonna sell so i just put that on my prohunter. just make sure you get the 50 mm objective because it picks up a lot more light than the 40. I wouldnt recommend the scope that has the premarked dots to aim at certain yardages specially made for muzzleloaders. different charges and different bullets will perform completely different than what the scope has its marks at. Nikon monarch is a good scope for not an extreme amount of money. the Leupolds are also great but a little more pricey. if you can afford a t/c prohunter, dont sell yourself short on a cheap scope. lemme know what you decide on. good luck

sabotloader 12-24-2006 11:56 AM

buck_hunter14

Well I have two scopes (well three but two I can afford) that I really think are great scopes...

Leupold (2 expensive)

Swift Priemers - not a scope heard of much but it really is a good one - you probably looked through one of their microscopes in high school though.

Bushnell Elite with rainguard lenes... These are really great - hardly ever have to use scope covers...I use the 3200's Elites again because of cost.. I have themon my Tikka 300 win mag and 3 different inlines. They are durable.

Here is a link - these guys are the least expensive I have found...

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/bushnell_elite_rifle_scopes.htm

Some folks do not like the eye relief - I think it is 3.3 inches on 9 powerbut I have never found it to be a problem.

Good luck in your choice....

buck_hunter14 12-24-2006 01:42 PM

Thanx! I have 2 Leupold scope's on my 7mm and 25-06.They are very expinsive!

SHills 12-24-2006 04:25 PM

I don't have a Pro Hunter but I would have to disagree w/ the prson who recommended the 50mm. Just not necessary for 95% of the hunting I have even done unless you always in deep forest. My leupold 3-9X40 or the 2.5-8X36 VX-III is very bright. Nikon's are very niceI just choose Leupold. If brightness is your main concern get a fixed power! Just too much weight forward IMHO, SHills

Tracker12 12-24-2006 05:02 PM

I put a Leupold 2 1/2-8X32 VX III and it is as bright as I need. I really think the big objectives is way overrated. Just buy as best quality as you can afford.

alsaqr 12-24-2006 05:39 PM

ilike a fixed power scope. 4X is about right for a muzzleloader. Got a 4X Redfield Widefield, A 4X Nikon ProStaff and a 4X Simmons on my muzzle loaders. All of them are good in low light.

Hadfour or five scopes that were kicked to death on my shotguns and muzzleloaders.There was a TC, a Weaver, a Simmons, a Burris and maybe another one. TheBurris did not last any longer than the cheap ones.

gnarly 12-24-2006 05:46 PM

Dont buy a 800 dollar gun and put a 100 dollar scope on it....thats just stupid. And for the person who does not think 50 mm objective makes a difference, then you must never hunt early in the morning or in late afternoon. Just go to your local sporting goods store at dusk and ask them to walk outside with you and compare the 40 mm with the 50 mm. its a HUGE difference IMO. You want to be able to make that 200 yard shot in low light with confidence. Most monster bucks show themselves the last 10 minutes of light. I have a 40mm nikon on my ruger .308 and my dad has a 50 mm swarovski on his .308 and i have had to pass on shots i know i could have made with a better scope. Its your call, but with an awesome gun like the prohunter, finish it off with a great scope. And dont listen to the wingnuts on here that are 12 years old and dont know what the crap they are talking about. If money isnt an obstacle go big or go home!!

swisslake 12-25-2006 07:23 AM

I have a new Pro Hunter and I put a Nikon Omega on it. I used Talley 1 piece mount, which almost gives too much eye relief. I find myself needing to back off a bit sometimes when I shoulder the gun. Happy with the gun & scope. May change my mount.

alsaqr 12-25-2006 08:59 AM

A 200 yard shot in low evening light with a muzzleloader. WOW!!!