Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega ?

Old 12-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Omega ?

Is any omega rifle a z5 or is there a special z5 line?

If so what are the improvments?

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Omega ?

The Z5 is the bottom of the food chain in the Omega. They have the same barrel and trigger assembly, but they put them in a cheaper stock and the sights are not the same. Other then those minor things, your shooting an Omega. I also am not sure but.. does the Z5 come in Stainless?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

The Z5 is a bottom line Omega but from what people on this forum, ones that have them, reportthey seem to be fine rifles.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can pick up an Omega in stainless fluted barrel with the thumbhole in camo for $399+tax. Should I pull the trigger?

Today is the last day and they only have one left.

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

you want us to talk you into this.. not a chance.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad,

You're a dirty rat! Don't make me go this alone!

lol

Tom
Old 12-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

statjunk

This T7 find - this site really has good prices...

Here is a regular SS - non fluted...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_440/products_id/11705

Looking at this price and the price you quoted i think I would be jumping all over it - if'n you like thumbhole.

Doesn't look like they have the thumb & fluted...

And then I forgit to add z5 vs regular Omega... Blue-ed barrels the same, Sights not the same, Black synthetic stock the same.... Trigger Group - according what I was told by TC the difference is really in this group. Regular Omega's have a couple of very small set screws in the pivot pins that allow you to dissasemble the trigger group into parts - the z5 does not - I think that is what the tech was telling me... I had called them to ask about the differece between a z5 black synthetic and a regular black synthetic...

Old 12-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pocket book damage is done! I bought some weaver base and rings. I'm going to mount a Simmons Aetec 3.5-10x44 with the illuminated recticle on her. I'll post a pic when I'm done dressing her up.

Tom
Old 12-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Pocket book damage is done! I bought some weaver base and rings. I'm going to mount a Simmons Aetec 3.5-10x44 with the illuminated recticle on her. I'll post a pic when I'm done dressing her up.

Tom
See you did not need us at all to make the purchase. You people and your new toys..

I have made a new change in life. No more rifles for me unless I sell some of the ones I have. And that's not going to happen. Although I do plan giving a few away this Christmas to some of my nephews. So that would count I think...
Old 12-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just hope she is a shooter. I might have her out at the range tomorrow. If she shoots as good at my Knight I'll be happy. Very happy actually.

I thought it was a fluted barrel but it wasn't. Still a very good deal.

After looking her over I feel really good about the purchase. It is a very well made rifle.

Tom

Quick Reply: Omega ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.