Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Pro Hunter or Knight Long Range, Input needed!!! >

T/C Pro Hunter or Knight Long Range, Input needed!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Pro Hunter or Knight Long Range, Input needed!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:07 PM

Default RE: T/C Pro Hunter or Knight Long Range .50 0r .52 cal

I have 3 TC muzzloaders all 50 cal. I just ordred a Knight Revolution II in 50 cal. I got the stainless Steel with a heavy barrel 30" instead of the 27". It has the power stem on it as well. I live about 10 miles from Friendship INdiana where they shoot at and Knight has won 6 years While TC are great guns they have not done this. LIke it has been said Ford or Chevy? Both will get you there and both the TC and KNight are good guns. I am loking forward to shooting my KNight when It gets here.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 AM

I have a Prohunter,and have owned many Knights. The Knights,have a edge over the Prohunter,in the triggers.While not adjustable the Prohunter trigger can be (worked on) and is a very good trigger. Both guns will shoot well. The Prohunter will be easier to clean up,(there's nothing out there now that even comes close,except the Omega). The Knights use the red disc for theprimmers. The T/C's uses the primer,the Prohunter even lifts the spent primer up for you when you open the action. Both guns are "top of the line" guns,they both will shoot great. Like said above Chevy vs Ford.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:19 PM

i havent owned either but my friend has the pro hunter and he luvs it
Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 AM

I bought the standard Encore stainless. I did not like the new breech plug. I then bought the XS Power rod and Prohunter stock. Got everything I need.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM

I have 5 Knights and 1 T/C.The T/C guns have no doubt taken over in popularity with their break action vs. knights bolt action. As far as accuracy is concerned the Knight is still winning competitions. However, both guns are state of the art, top of the line weapons.

I bought the 52 cal. Long Range Hunter in August. Awesome gun. I got the 4" groups at 200 yards that Knight advertised. I shoot a 375 gn barnes with 150 777. To date, this is the most accurate long range, modern in line muzzle loader on the market.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Webmaker,

I searched the forums back when I posted the question on the Pro Hunter or .52 Long Range. unfortunately I could not find any information on that Long Range rifle. I ended up cancelling my Pro Hunter from Lay-away and going with the Master Hunter .50 caliber. I also just bought a .32 caliber Green Mountain rifle that is built with a Knight bolt system. I am awaiting the UPS truck for it's arrival. For some reason I am having a tough time getting a tracking number for the gun, so far all I know is it has shipped. That Long Range Hunter is still ranking very high on my "To Do List"It sounds like you really like that .52 caliber, I was really torn between that caliber and a .50 caliber. Keep me posted on how well that gun performs I might just grab that Long Range ineither a.52 or .50 next Fall. I first want to get a traditional style ML probably a cap lock.

Mike
Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have both guns in 50cal. Both shoot exceptionally well, but it takes 1/2 the time to clean the T/C as it does the Knight. Plus, all Knight bolt actions experience blow back in the action of the gun, where as the T/C does not. I don't like the fact that Knight hasn't grown with the times, and got rid of the whole disc thing, just another way to make money. If I were you and you are considering a Knight, look into the Revolution models, they might have done away with the blow back issue. Both guns are great guns, and both are made in the U.S.A. Good luck in your choice.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would choose the Pro Hunter. 5 years from now your Encore will be worth considerable money, the Knight will be worth very little by comparison. The .52 caliber stuff is a gimmick IMHO, just a means for Knight to add more items to their "gotta buy it from Knight" list (my opinion of the jackets is the same). The Knight secondary safety is a PIA, IMHO. No offense to any Knight owners intended and I'll acknowledge that some of the Knightsshoot wonderfully - just things about them I do not like.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Those are great comments already.I haven't shot or handled either gun so I couldn't tell you what I think. I know that both guns have great reviews though and haven't heard of an unhappy buyer. I wouldn't worry about the accuracy. Both will shoot great. I would just go there and decide which one has the features and design you like better. Good luck and tell us what you get.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM

Also,I think that the .52 cal has no advantage over the .50 and would go with the latter. The supplies are ten times as hard to find for the .52.

Quick Reply: T/C Pro Hunter or Knight Long Range, Input needed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.