Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Finally Did It!  Knight Revolution >

Finally Did It! Knight Revolution

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Finally Did It! Knight Revolution

Old 11-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Spike

Default Finally Did It! Knight Revolution

Greets fm CO
I finally bought a ML. Knight Revolution. Liked it better than whatever else I looked at or researched. It has Hardwoods Green for the stock and has a stainless barrel, is in .50 caliber. Anyone have any load recommendations?? In CO, I can't use SABOTS
but when in TN I can so would appreciate any loads, also results on game. Wonder how powerbelts would work? Thanks for all the info! Ray
Old 11-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally Did It! Knight Revolution

Hey sounds great and good luck with it. Do a search here for Knight load data. There is probably a lot.

Al
Old 11-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Ray try some 295 grain power belts and 90 grains of T7 powder. This load is very accurate in my Knight LK 93 out to 100 yds.

WV Mountaineer
Old 11-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Powerbelts are touch & go in Knight bores - some shot them fine - some don't. I think your best odds of success lie with the 405s.

If/when you choose to buy online, here's a couple of conical bullets to try. One is a 460gr. Great Plains conicals -- the other is an even bigger monster 490gr. Buffalo Flat Nose. Figure between 70-85 gr. of powder for either bullet.

If buying from the site I provided, go back to the"shooting supplies"pull-down menu & order some lubed wonderwads in 54-cal. They provide a better seal than the 50-cal wads. Your Knight may request the wads - then maybe not. Better to have them - than not have them - when you need them.

http://www.possibleshop.com/ball-bullet.htm
Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 AM

hello, I just bought a knight rev and have had nothing but misfires with it
I would say 4 out of ten just put a tiny little dent in the primer. I called knight and they told me to check the breach plug it should only be finger tight. and when putting the primers in the inserts you have to make sure they are seated all the way down, or the first misfire pushes the primer in its seat. I haven't tried this yet, but I hope it works.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 PM

sounds nice, its always fun getting a new toy
Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 PM

I am waiting on my Rev I got a 30" bull stainless steel barrel with a power stem. I have been shooting Muzzeloader for a long time and this will be my first one that uses the 209 primer. Heck I even might put a scope on this one . With the power stem and 30" barrel on it I am going to try several loads. I have never shot the sabot rounds as I prefer the old buffalo bullets. I am looking for any thing that is non sabot as I don't like them. any ideas?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with your rifle. Whether powerbelts will work or not, only your rifle knows. If they do not do well, them maybe some XTP's in 300 grain might make some good medicine.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:06 AM

hello. I had mention about the problem I was having with the night rev. knight told me to make sure primers are seated all the way in the jacket, I shot 10 times last night and they all fired, so those that have this type of set with the plastic jacket be sure you seat them all the way in, don't want it to go click when mr big is standing in front of you.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 PM

I have the same gun. Knight revolution II. Stainless.

I started shooting 250gr powerbelts over 100gr 777 pellets. I had trouble getting consistent accuracy with this load. Finally I got it so I was confident to hunt with this load, the dirtier the barrell the better it seemed. My first shot at a deer was a nice doe at about 50yrd. Hit in front of the front shoulder (quartering towards me) went into the far shoulder with no pass through, and zero blood trail. Deer was dead after about 100 yards, but finding it was a horrible chore. I was very disappointed with this.

I then started shooting 300gr barnes expanders over the same 777 pellets.
These shot terrific out of my gun, and 2 deer were shot, both pass throughs, one through the far shoulder (boom flop) the other a double lung pass through, good blood, and dead in 50 yards. I'm quite pleased with this setup, and have confidense I'll get anything I pull the trigger on with this.

Quick Reply: Finally Did It! Knight Revolution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.