HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   T/C Omega ramrod (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/162865-t-c-omega-ramrod.html)

gunsnbowses 11-01-2006 06:22 PM

T/C Omega ramrod

I'm not too happy with the ramrod that came with my Omega. Seems a little too short. I'm considering purchasing the T/C Power Rod Ramrod, but it seems pricey compared to others I've seen in stores. It sells for a lil' over $30. But the pivoting T-handle seems like it could be invaluable. Am I wasting money? Anybody else have similar issues with the ramrod that came with their ML? Any other suggestions? I'm fairly new to muzzleloading, but I'm certain I'll continue to hunt with one so I'll spend a few extra bucks if it will make my job easier. Just don't want to spend moneyfoolishly! Thanks!

cayugad 11-01-2006 06:28 PM

RE: T/C Omega ramrod

I really do not concern myself with the ramrod that comes with the rifle. As long as I can load and shoot three projectiles from it, I know it will work in the field. When I am on the range I always use a T/C Rugged Range Rod. I want something very strong that can take a beating. Some of the Ramrods that Underclock posted about are good rods and seem very well priced.

lemoyne 11-01-2006 06:45 PM

The T handle short starter is what I carry in the field used as a short starter normally you just take the jag off and screw it on to the regular ramrod to get full length or leverage if you need it. For range use follow Cayuqad's advice.Lee

Wolfhound76 11-01-2006 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: gunsnbowses

I'm not too happy with the ramrod that came with my Omega. Seems a little too short. I'm considering purchasing the T/C Power Rod Ramrod, but it seems pricey compared to others I've seen in stores. It sells for a lil' over $30. But the pivoting T-handle seems like it could be invaluable. Am I wasting money?
Where did you see them for sale? T/C doesn't list them on their website. If they are selling them, buy one. I have a powerrod on all but 2 of my muzzleloaders. One is a handgun and the previous company didn't make one short enough and the other is a sidelock that's going to have the barrel replaced before long. The one for my Omega is perfect for loading but is too short for either swabbing or cleaning without an extended jag.

gunsnbowses 11-01-2006 07:57 PM

I found them at the Cabela's website.

I could see using a short handle and screw it on as needed, but I thought the pivoting T-handle of a power rod would be quicker in the field.

MLKeith 11-02-2006 12:28 AM

T/C also makes a pivoting "T" handle that will screw on the end of your stock Omega rod. They actually made one out of plastic and then one out of aluminum. I broke the plastic one and now have the aluminum one which is better. It sticks out in front of the barrel a little but if you cans stand the crud forming on it after shooting then it is not a problem. I only shoot it with that ramrod in place when hunting so the times it sees fouling is minimal. It makes the rod just a little longer and that seems to be enough.

chaz3815 11-02-2006 01:06 AM

I have a powerRod on both my Encore and my Omega they are great for loading in the field , but for cleaning you have to use the t/c loading end that came with the rifle . Also the end that comes with the powerRod is great for loading Sabots with the polly tips . By the way they come in the same size as the standard Rods.
Charlie

Wolfhound76 11-02-2006 05:36 AM

I found them at the Cabela's website.
Thanks. I was afraid T/C would do that. Only 2 sizes listed.

I could see using a short handle and screw it on as needed, but I thought the pivoting T-handle of a power rod would be quicker in the field.
It is. I used to have a T/C T-handle which is good but mine fell apart the first year I had it. The little pin that the handle pivoted on fell out. I bought my first Powerrod back when they were still Ashley Outdoors in '02. It's still working. I now own 3 others. I was hopeful when T/C bought the patent, but from what I see at Cabela's they're only going to make them for T/C guns. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

UFunny2 11-02-2006 05:47 AM

I bought the powerrod from Cabelas about 2 months ago. They said it would be 4-6 week backorder. I received it in two weeks. It is the same size as the rod that came with my Omega.

Triple Se7en 11-02-2006 09:27 AM

I'm not too happy with the ramrod that came with my Omega. Seems a little too short. I'm considering purchasing the T/C Power Rod Ramrod, but it seems pricey compared to others I've seen in stores. It sells for a lil' over $30. But the pivoting T-handle seems like it could be invaluable. Am I wasting money? Anybody else have similar issues with the ramrod that came with their ML? Any other suggestions? I'm fairly new to muzzleloading, but I'm certain I'll continue to hunt with one so I'll spend a few extra bucks if it will make my job easier. Just don't want to spend moneyfoolishly! Thanks!
While hunting with my T/C inline, I make sure I have a T-Handle and extended jag like this one below.

http://www.prbullet.com/rat.htm