Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Firestorm?

Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Spike

Default TC Firestorm?

haven't been to the TC website for a while. this may be an old oaguement, but didn't see any threads dealing with it. Flintlock made for Pyrodex pellets? Would love to hear about any experiences with this beast. Can't see where you can get away from priming and sweetening the load with 4f to get it to light-off.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TC Firestorm?

I talk to a person on line that shoots a Firestorm. And while it will shoot pellets, they said to use them, you still need to drop five grains of powder down there first because of the need for the spark to hit the loose which flash fires the pellets. Also he said he never shoots pellets because he gets much faster and more sure ignition with the loose powder.

The nice features of the firestorm are the removable breech plug and just the over all quality of the rifle. He commonly shoots powerbelts out of his and has taken a number of deer with them. I have looked a couple times at them. I think a Stainless Steel model would be real good.