Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro? >

An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Default An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro?

I have just purchased a new Traditions Pursuit Pro. This is my third muzzleloader but this is the first time I have purchased a Traditions muzzleloader. Does anyone have a Pursuit Pro and what kind of accuracy are you getting with it? I plan to use Triple 7, 50 grain pellets. What load and bullets do you recommend? I'd appreciate your comments. I neeeed hellllp! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro?

luvtuhunt ... welcome to the forum. It's a good place to share information and have a good time.

As for the Pursuit Pro, I personally do not have one, but from some of the posts I have been reading on them they do not seem all that hard to get a good load working through them. In most new rifles, after you're sure the bore is nice and smooth, the XTP's and Shockwaves usually shoot well with 2 pellets, and so do powerbelts. The quest is finding out what weight your rifle will like. I am sure there will be some people that will be able to help you out.

good luck and again, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the info. I have 250 grain shockwave & 245 grain powerbelts. Can't wait to try them out!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I can tell you I have a CVA Staghorn Magnum and with 90 grains of Goex 2f and a 245 grain Powerbelt, this rifle will really shoot. I have a RED DOT on the rifle and it will really shoot an excellent group with that combination. It also shoots the XTP's and a number of other projectiles very well also.

So let us know how it shoots for you.. new rifles are a lot of fun.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

I would try XTP 240 grns. pushes by 2 triple 7 50 grn pellets w/ Winchesters triple 7 209 primers.This load works well in my Tradition 209 tracker.I'm getting 2 in 5 shot groups at 125 yds.My other muzzleloaders don't seem to like either the XTP's or the pellets.My omega likes the 295 grn power belt with 110 grns of pyrodex with remington primers.My CVA staghorn likes it load closes to cayugad
but for 90 grns of pyrodex.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:18 AM

I've got that same gun. I've been using 100 gr.777 and a Knight sabboted 245 grain hollow point. This has been working well for me. About a 4-5" @ 90yds
Old 10-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Spike

Hi i own a prusuit pro and it shoots pretty good. i shoot 100 grains loose T7 or pyrodex with shockwave 250's and its not uncommon to cut bullet holes at about 80 yds. i also started shooting about 110 grains T7 loose with 300 grain Hornady SST's and this set up performs equally as well. good luck with it. dan
Old 11-05-2006, 07:53 PM

Thanks all for responding to my message and for all the helpful info!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ibelieve the Pursuit Pro isTraditions best inline model to date. Buy some 30-grain pellets too - just in case you need to tweak the powder charge.Many sabot/bullets packaged by Traditions, CVA, T/C, Buffalo and Harvester between 240-300 grains should serve you well.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Traditions..not a Pursuit Pro but mine loves 90 grains and the 300 gr xtp's or 85 grains and the 240 xtp's. It will shoot about anything pretty darned well. They arent the most expensive gun but all I have been around are sweet shooters.

Quick Reply: An accurate load for new Traditions Pursuit Pro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.