HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   What...now Wal-mart dosen't sell black powder? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/159512-what-now-wal-mart-dosent-sell-black-powder.html)

mlaubner 10-13-2006 10:47 AM

What...now Wal-mart dosen't sell black powder?

So there I am in Wal-mart picking up my new stainless/comp. Encore frame(they recieved the wrong one..stnls/camo) adn trying to finish the purchase. Have to wait on them to re-order the correct one; but figure I stock up on some new supplies, bullets, powder, primers, and whatever.
The fellow behind the counter informs me they don't sell powder or pellets anymore![:o]
I thought he was joking, but he was serious.WTF?
Do the Wal-marts's in your area sell black powder or is this a local store issue?

cayugad 10-13-2006 10:55 AM

RE: What...now Wal-mart dosen't sell black powder?

At my local Wal Mart you can still get Pyrodex and Triple Se7en in loose and pellet form (at least it was that way last year) and projectiles. I guess it is a decision a lot of Wal Marts are going to face. There is some real pressure from other non hunting and shootinginterest groups reference sales of powder, even ammunition at these chain stores. I think with the greater number of incidents of local violence we have been seeing, such as school shootings, etc, this can only get worse.

Triple Se7en 10-13-2006 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mlaubner

So there I am in Wal-mart picking up my new stainless/comp. Encore frame(they recieved the wrong one..stnls/camo) adn trying to finish the purchase. Have to wait on them to re-order the correct one; but figure I stock up on some new supplies, bullets, powder, primers, and whatever.
The fellow behind the counter informs me they don't sell powder or pellets anymore![:o]
I thought he was joking, but he was serious.WTF?
Do the Wal-marts's in your area sell black powder or is this a local store issue?
Slowly-but surely -- taking years to accomplish this but all Wal*Marts are currently(or) wiill eventually bediscontinuing firearm/ML sales... including ammo, powders, primers, bullets.... etc.

That is a good thing (my opinion). Support your local gun shops/hunting stores instead. I never want to see the day where small gun shop owners someday are forced to become clerks/salesmen at the gun counter of their nearest Wal*Mart store for 32 hr weeks, minimal insurance & $7 per hour pay.

Thompson Center Arms -- Triple Se7en Powder -- Buffalo Bullet Co.

Deleted User 10-13-2006 11:48 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Criggster 10-13-2006 02:04 PM

If they stop selling the Firearms and ML's I will stop buying anything hunting related from them! It's only a matter of time before they get sloppy and a bigger/better chain store will out do them.

Rebel Hog 10-13-2006 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: mlaubner

Not all of them, but most! We have over 25 in my area!

Triple Se7en 10-13-2006 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Criggster

If they stop selling the Firearms and ML's I will stop buying anything hunting related from them! It's only a matter of time before they get sloppy and a bigger/better chain store will out do them.
Wal*Mart's policy has been to sell items based on volume - or don't sell it. It works that policy on a store-to-store basis. The ones still selling firearms are not in America's largest cities anymore. Those are slowly being firearms-discontinued. Rural areas of the country will still see firearm sales this year. So before you decide to boycott huntingstuff at your nearest Wal*Mart, you may want to find out if they carry it first. Wal*Mart has neverhad any troublefilling that hunting space with something else totally unrelated to hunting.

So your boycott means absolutely nothing to them. The entire hunting community around you can boycott them also. Their reaction will simply mean putting something else in that open space in aisles 13-16 of the far corner of their stores.

That's how Wally World operates.

Thompson Center Arms -- Triple Se7en Powder -- Buffalo Bullet Co.

Sharp Shooter 10-13-2006 05:27 PM

My walmart has no muzzleloading stuff but a lot of archery.

Wolfhound76 10-13-2006 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en
Wal*Mart's policy has been to sell items based on volume - or don't sell it. It works that policy on a store-to-store basis. The ones still selling firearms are not in America's largest cities anymore. Those are slowly being firearms-discontinued. Rural areas of the country will still see firearm sales this year.
Don't count on it. I'm as rural as you can get in Pike County of Illinois. The two Walwart's I go to have discontinued firearms (including ML's) but they still sell ammo.

patchholder 10-13-2006 08:09 PM

The walmart in my area got tore down and they built a super walmart there in it' place and the new one does't sell firearms stuff but the old one did, get that don't make any sense!