HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   site loading speed (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/157246-site-loading-speed.html)

MLKeith 09-21-2006 10:49 AM

site loading speed

Anybody else find this site extremely slow to load and change from subject to subject? I hate to complain about a site that is so good from the subject matter to the people that post. It is in fact my favorite site. I just sometimes wait forever for things to happen. I also find trying to edit a post sometimes will not work.

frontier gander 09-21-2006 03:23 PM

RE: site loading speed

lol i was going to start a post about the same topic and then i couldnt log in bcuz the site was screwed up AGAIN! I went hunting sept8th and a week b4 i left, it was back to normal with loading fast and not messing up, I get back and im sitting here pulling my hair out bcuz its so slow and ikeep getting a "not able to load page" popup. Maybe they will figure out that when its working good and no one is complaining, to leave it alone and not fix something that doesnt need fixing. Oh well, all we can do is complain and hope they get it back to running normal.

cascadedad 09-21-2006 03:41 PM

I'm with you guys. I have a very hard time complaining about a free site. I do hope someone has been notified and someone is working on it. Who know who someone is?

At work, I call my self Nobody. When somebody says, "Who's working on such and such." Somebody else says, "Nobody." Well, that's me!:)

roundball 09-21-2006 04:28 PM

It's been horrible for months now...I rarely post anymore

cascadedad 09-21-2006 10:55 PM

It's fast here on the west coast at night. Probably cause most of you east coast guys are in bed and not plugging up the place.:)

Catus Magnus 09-22-2006 12:37 AM

Get a grip, bro - it's free. Use Firefox, open a bunch of threads in diff tabs, pour some coffee and read National Reivew Online for a minute :)

MLKeith 09-22-2006 08:34 AM

OK; I'm satisfied it is not just my computer. A agree it is a free andgreat site so I hate to complain. In fact lets let this thread die now before we add a lot more to it and slow things down even more. Thanks for the support.

cayugad 09-22-2006 09:26 AM

with my dial up speed, living in the middle of no where, with thirty year old phone lines, there is no such things as fast loading. I am one of the few that can open a site, head for coffee and get ride of a prior cup, let the dog out and finally get back to the open site... I could not tell if a site was slow or not as they are all slow. For that reason I seldom open large pictures, videos and music are a no no, you want me to complain more.. :D:D:D:D

Triple Se7en 09-22-2006 10:30 AM

From here-on in, I'm only going to visit this place between midnight and 9:00AM until this is fixed.

I know of several members who quit here this week because of this slow posting nonsense. This is how many good sites become average sites - then poor acitivity sites.

Why even start a messageboard if you are not going to take care of it???

The site sponsors should bail-out until they fix these boards.

Rebel Hog 09-22-2006 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

Anybody else find this site extremely slow to load and change from subject to subject? I hate to complain about a site that is so good from the subject matter to the people that post. It is in fact my favorite site. I just sometimes wait forever for things to happen. I also find trying to edit a post sometimes will not work.
The site is slow, we know!