Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Powerbelt Platinums? >

Powerbelt Platinums?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Powerbelt Platinums?

Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Powerbelt Platinums?

I had worked up an elk load with the PB Platinum 338 gr that shot well. So, I went back to Sportsmans Warehouse to pick up some more, but they were out. So, I went back yesterday and the peg the 338's were on was now marked with the 270 gr. Also, I just got my Cabela's Fall Master Catalog and the PB Platinums were no longer listed with the rest of the PB's. Does anyone know if something has happened for them to pull the platinums? Fortunately I worked up a backup bullet/load, which I will now have to use.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Powerbelt Platinums?

I am not sure but when I talked to CVA how the Powerbelts were suppose to work is they expanded to grab the rifling when shot. May be it was not working well with the new bullets.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 AM

basspro has them..

i too liked them as they shot well in ny optima..
they could simply be sold out..

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=82451&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=3&hvarSubCode= 3&hvarTarget=browse
Old 09-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

They're also still listed on Cabela's website for order. The basspro here in Nashville still has some in stock. A buddy works there and he told me they've been selling the new powerbelts about as fast as they can get them on the shelf.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I checked the Bass Pro here (Denver) last Sunday and they were out as well. I will try a couple other places before I leave tomorrow for my hunt. Hopefully one of the local places will have them.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

wal-mart has them, i think for 11.69.i bought pack of 295 hollow points for 11.69 at wal-mart and i saw new ones and think they were same price.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:50 PM

gees, i wished what i needed was at walley world..

i had to pay 19.99 for 15..

if mail order i can buy at 11.88 + 6.00 ship and 3.00 for under 20.00
order..
Old 09-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 45 Cal Bill

gees, i wished what i needed was at walley world..

i had to pay 19.99 for 15..

if mail order i can buy at 11.88 + 6.00 ship and 3.00 for under 20.00
order..
shipping costs are getting terrible. what most do here now in my area is they make a trip to bass pro etc and take orders from as many as possible. i saw bricks of federal 22 cal shells,550 to brick for 9 dollars at wal-mart. i bought 10 bricks. i see a lot of people now buying locally BUT the gun shops are getting wind of this and they are jacking up their prices terrible. just today i was at my friends gunshop. he gets pmc bullets for 12 dollars a box. he charges 25 DOLLARS a box.i said, you nuts and greedy.he said, well, spend the 10 dollars in gas to drive to wal-mart. you know what i did, i did that .i got my shells for 11.20 at wal-mart.its like powerbelts. he has them for 18.95 on his shelf. i got them for 11.69 at wal-mart.i can see making profit but over 200% mark-up is greed.way i look at it, if you cant compete and be fair with your prices, then go out of business because you should not have been in it from beginning.i kknow how hard it is to compete in business, i was there but when i see gunshops GOUGING customers because they dont get business as much, to me is not someone i want to deal with.i would buy you pack of powerbelts but shipping would not make any sense. what you have to do is this.when sale on powerbelts or good price is near you. buy 5 packs.thats only way to come out ahead.some internet stores have FREE shipping on orders over 50 dollars. we get our orders together and all send in as one. thats way to win.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:55 PM

sproulman..

you hit it on the head...

you know what really got my goat? i purchased my optima, bushnell scope and 2 packs of the pb hollow points 40 rounds.. the shipping on this was only $9.00, how the **%% can they charge $6.00 for 1 15 pack of pb..

i'm going to call a buddy of mine in their area and ask him to go by and pick some up @ 11.88 and mail them to me for 3.85 usps..

wished i could find them in bulk.. googled and found 1 post from year or so ago, called the man. gees told me that was a one time offer he had extras to sell..

if we all keep searching one day we'll find a pot of gold..
Old 09-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 45 Cal Bill

sproulman..

you hit it on the head...

you know what really got my goat? i purchased my optima, bushnell scope and 2 packs of the pb hollow points 40 rounds.. the shipping on this was only $9.00, how the **%% can they charge $6.00 for 1 15 pack of pb..
You are not paying for shipping weight really -- you are paying for the upkeep of thatbrown truck - for the salary of that guy dressed in brown that asks you to sign the delivery tag sometimes.

Quick Reply: Powerbelt Platinums?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.