Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution >

TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Old 06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Go w/ the Omega... no F'n disks to mess with for one.

But in reality.. get to your local store and shoulder both of them.. and pick wichever one feels best to you. I personally love the feel of the thumbhole Omega in laminated wood... but don't really care for the synthetic thumbhole due to the mold line cutting into the webbing between my thumb and finger... but nothing a little sanding wouldn't take care of. And I hated the feel of the Revolution Anniversary thumbhole.. just didn't fit me at all. I'm sure that both will shoot very well.. I know my Omega does. So to each his own..
Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

KBacon, I took your advice buddy, I just came back from Bass Pro a short while ago and I gotta say that the Knight felt like a 2X4 and the Omega seemed to fit like a glove. Based on what I've read and actually having felt what they both felt like, I think i'm going to go with the TC Omega. Thanks for all the help guys.

On another note, can anyone advise what type of Powder/Sabots I should try out at the range when I head out to sight this thing in? Thanks again.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I would personally get some 250 grain Shockwaves and some 240 grain Mag Express XTP's. For powder I would get some looseTriple Se7en 2f. Be sure and get a clear see through powder measure.

Load 100 grains of loose Triple Se7en 2f and a Shockwave. Be sure and swab the barrel between shots, and you should get some excellent accuracy out of the rifle. The 240 grain Thompson Center Mag Express XTP also shoot well. I base this on my Black Diamond XR and what it likes, also from reading the posts of other Omega shooters. You might later want to try some 200 grain Shockwaves. I think you will find that the rifle shoots a lot of projectiles very well.

Triple Se7en (poster) and others can advise you of time proven loads for the rifle, but if I had just purchased one, that's where I would start. Be sure and clean the barrel real good, and swab the bore clean of all oils before you load it the first time.

Congratulations on a great rifle. I think you will be very happy. Be sure and post your results for us...
Old 06-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to pick up some sort of a ramrod handle or range rod when you get the rifle. Would recommend a good range rod. The standard TC ramrods are not the most hand-friendly.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Garminator

On another note, can anyone advise what type of Powder/Sabots I should try out at the range when I head out to sight this thing in?
I have had excellent accuracy from my Omega using 200 gr. Shockwaves in the blue sabots over 110 gr. of Triple Se7en ffg. Another load to try is 250 gr. Shockwaves with the same powder, maybe starting with 100 grs. and going up in 5 grain increments til you find an accurate load. You're pretty well stuck with the blue sabot with the 200 gr. Shockwaves, if it doesn't shoot well, you're out of luck. BUT, with the 250 gr. Shockwaves, if they don't load/shoot well, you can swap the provided sabot for a Harvester short black sabot orone ofMMP's HPH 12, HPH 24, or standard short sabot. I personally use the Harvester short sabot made for up to 300 gr. bullets when shooting the 250 gr. Shockwaves/SST's. They load nicely and shoot great. I swab between shots with Butch's Black Powder Bore Shine. Lightly dampen 1 patch and run it down and out, flip the patch over, and run it down and out once again. Repeat this process with a dry patch. Then you're ready to load again. Do this between every shot for best accuracy.

You might want to pick up some sort of a ramrod handle or range rod when you get the rifle. Would recommend a good range rod. The standard TC ramrods are not the most hand-friendly.
This is EXCELLENT advice! Definitely get a good T-handled range rod to load those sabots, it will make life a LOT easier! I use a Knight range rod from Cabela's.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

On another note, can anyone advise what type of Powder/Sabots I should try out at the range when I head out to sight this thing in? Thanks again.
I personally shoot my Omega w/ a 250gr Shockwave and 120gr of loose triple 7... but in all honesty.. this was the first load that I tried... and it shot soo well I decided not to mess with it. I will try a few different loads this year though.. and the MMP sabots.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, sorry to throw a twist on things buta buddy of mine just told me that he recently took a look at the CVA Optima and it shouldered real well and the craftmanship looked good. Have any of you had any experiences with this company? Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The CVA is an entry-level model that are sometimes reported on sites like this asaccuracy-inconsistent & have inferior warranties compared to the Knights and T/Cs. WWhat that means is you may get a good one (or) you may get one that shoots only certain bullets well (or) one that shoots poorly. They sport Spanish steel barrels that some posters here feel may be"softer" than the American-steel barrels from T/C and Knight. The concerns over 'softer" are basically when shooters make mistakes loading the rifle -- like short-seating the bullet (or) pouring-in too much powder accidently.

Accuracy concerns exist with any rifle. It's just the odds of getting a good shooting Omega & Knight Disc are greater than CVAs/Winchesters (just my opinion).

I have found/read from others here that the Omegalikes just about any loose powder brandon the market -- other than Black Mag-3 (again my opinion).Personally, I recommend FFF loose with any brand you choose. My favorites for that rifle are 777, Pyrodex, Goex, and American Pioneer (Shockey Gold & Goex Pinnacle being relatives of APP.)

It likes just about any short or long bullet from 180-375 grains. If the sabot is difficult to load, substitute the original-packageplastic sabots for either Harvester regulars, Harvester Crush-Ribs, MMP 3-petal or MMP HPH-24s.

Tryaround 75 grains with the 180s, 85 grains with 200-240 grain bullets, 90-110 grains with 250-375 gr. bullets. I like buying bulk Hornady XTPs or Speer Gold Dots with Harvester plastic sabots. Also like the Buffalo S.S.Bs in 285 & 375 gr. Barrel is always dry & swabbed with something like Windex or Alcohol in a small spray bottle.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I base my likes and dislikes on accuracy , I have never had a problem getting a knite to shoot excelent groups , a friends t-bolt did have problems jamming the bolt with primer fragments , but would shoot great groups , other than that particular gun , all the knites I have shot preformed flawlessly . TC on the other hand , I own an omega , several friends own contenders , we have all had difficulty getting good groups , the guns function well , but in MY EXPERIANCE , knites have proven easyer to get good groups with , and they load easyer allso .
The disc extreme mentioned above has proven to be an excelent gun for me
Old 06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Knight DISC rifle Shoots awsome!!!

I'll stick with Knight. Knight is the one who pioneered inline muzzleloading...

Thank you Knight Muzzleloaders

Quick Reply: TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.