Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution >

TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Sorry guys, i'm sure that this question has been beaten to death here, but I need some help. I'm undecided between the TC Omega & the Knight Rev. Secondly, Stainless or blue? Thanks a million, you guys are the best!!!

P.S. what's all the hype about these Whites? I'd never heard of them until today...
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Default RE: TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Definitely the T/C Omega in stainless! It's a very nice gun and is well known as a good shooter also!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Having never owned either of the two rifles you mention, I would have to go with customer service, customer satisfaction, over all quality and finally price. I personally would stick with a Thompson Center Product, that being the Omega. I would also get the rifle in Stainless Steel. Almost any Omega owner you talk to tells you about excellent quality, excellent accuracy, easy cleaning and just being overall pleased with the rifle. While I am sure the Knight is a great rifle, the Omega started this whole break open thing. It is a known performer.

The White Rifles are simply another brand of rifle out there. They are a .504 caliber and are best known as conical shooters. What many of the White owners, including myself are discovering is, these rifles will shoot anything you want to stuff down them and the overall quality of the rifle is excellent. They are not break open in design.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I put myself in a delama; had a chance to get an Omega blue and black real cheap [160 new at walmart] so I thought I would buy it and trade for a Stainless this summer but it shoots so good I cant bear to part with it. Lee
PS the knights are excellant guns also, I have a friend that has one reminded us of that commercial where the guy throws it away cause it takes so long to clean.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:06 AM

I just bought a Knight Revolution II stainless with black stock and forearm from cabelas. It has an excellent trigger pull on the quick detatchable trigger assembly and overall quality is excellent. The barrel is 27" and in .50 caliber. The rifle of course is set up for their red discs and they even supply a tool for loading them now which you would usually have to buy seperately. I looks like a set of polymer pliers. The cost was 369.99 originally, but after a 20.00 rebate and using my cabelas cash points on my card of 24.69, I got the rifle for 339.05 with shipping. Cabelas is also offering a real nice hunting knife for free(49.99 value) if you purchase a Knight Revolution until December 2006. They are also offering this on the Omegas. The knife comes in a leather sheath and is extremely well made. If you buy any Knight from Cabelas before june 30th you can order a Knight Wolverine blued/black .50 caliber youth value pack for 100.00 from Knight with proof of purchase. This has a value of around 300.00. I think this is a pretty good deal. I just sent mine out to Knight. One thing I really like about the Revolution I didnt know about, is you can change barrels on it. All you do is take off the forearm and remove the bolt holding the barrel to the receiver and simply remove the barrel. Knight is offering extra barrels in .45 and their new .52 caliber. Their retail on them is about 262.00. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it, but I am very pleased with how it shoulders and the overall quality of the rifle. As for service, the ramrod that came with it had the tip trying to pull out so I called customer service and they said we will get one right out to you without even asking for the other one to be sent to them. When it comes down to choosing an Omega or Revolution you just have to look at what you want in your rifle. They are both good rifles with good customer service. The Knight was 369.99 compared to 439.99 for the Omega that is comparable to it(stainless/black). Im sure you may find the Omega cheaper elsewhere if you look. Im not sure. The Knight uses the red discs and the Omega doesnt, this may affect your decision. The one thing I have always liked about Knight rifles is their synthetic stocks are usually solid unlike the hollow ones that TC uses, unless they have changed this in the Omega stocks. My Firehawk is hollow as well as the stock on my Encore but they still shoot. They are just more noisy when something rubs against them. Whatever you choose, im sure either one will serve you well. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I really appreciate the help. I'll be sure to send you guys an update as soon as I make my decision/purchase. Thanks for your expertise cayugad, as always "YOU DA MAN".
Old 06-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I own the Knight and it's a winner. All I can say about that.

My brother on the other hand is a gun nut. He loves the Knights and dislikes TC's. I don't argue with him where guns are concerned. He has remarked on more than one occasion on being at the range and having a TC shooter next to him pulling their hair out. He set my Knight up with the proper load. One raged hole @ 100 yrds. I just do my part when the time comes so I don't disappoint him.

Clear as mud.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

AmericanPioneer,if you that putfoaming insulation [the higher grade is better in that hollow stock and add enough bolt or strip lead to get the balance just on the front edge of the trigger guard [or where you like it] it takes the recoil down while taking care of the noise. Lee
Old 06-15-2006, 12:51 PM

As you can tell from my name I love my Omega, two of the guys I hunt with have both a Knight and a T/C(one Encore, one Omega). They both say the T/C is a better weapon than the Knight, but personally I do not have any experience with a Knight.

I can say that some of the Omegas with a tight bore have given some folks fits till they figure out to use different sabots as discussed on this forum. After changing Sabots everyone that has had a tight bore has loved their Omega though. They all seem to be very consistent accurate shooters. Mine holds 1.5 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards.

Also, I do not know what type of warrenty Knight has on their products but the T/C Lifetime warrenty is a real nice plus. There are folks here on this forum that have purchased a weapon second hand and T/C has still provided parts for them, I have not heard of Knight doing that.

I think the biggest thing you have to consider though is the way the weapon handles. You should go to one of the stores that handles multiple lines of BP firearms and see which fits YOU best. When I bought my Omega I had gone to the gun store fully intending to purchase an Encore, but the Omega felt so much better to me that is what I came away with.

Most of the quality weapons can be made to shoot accurately, and noone can decide what fits you best except you.If the gun is comfortable you should be able to consistently perform better with it which means more accurate shots, etc. If the gun is uncomfortable or unwieldy for you then it would be very hard for you to be accurate with it no matter what make of weapon it is.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Between the Revolution and the Omega the choice is easy, buy an Omega. I don't have a bias against Knight (I own 3 of em) but I don't like the Revolution. Now Omega vs. a Knight Disc Extreme I'd say go with the Disc Extreme but I am biased there, I own 2 . I also have an Omega and it's a fine rifle and actually better than the Disc Extreme but I got one of the first Extremes and have been hunting with it for almost 4 years. It's a sentimental favorite.

Quick Reply: TC Omega Vs. Knight Revolution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.