Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Got a New Scope - It really looks Good >

Got a New Scope - It really looks Good

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got a New Scope - It really looks Good

Old 05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Got a New Scope - It really looks Good

Well anyway it realy appears awesome from the short period of time I have played with it. It is a new Swift Premier 2x7x40.
Out wordly it really looks like it is really built well. The scripting and insignias are done in gold and the appearance ranks it up there with some of the better scopes. Lenses -wow! - they are really clear and do not appear to have any distortion in the edges. Since it is a 2x7x40 it will be areal light gatherer in those low light situations. rotating from 2 to 7 power there is no distortion of or fucus problems + it does have a fast focus ring on the eye piece.

My only disappointment, if you can call it that, it a normal length scope. I was hoping it would be a bit shorter as I had planned on installing it on the new White. Because of it's size I will leave the Bushnell Trophy on and find some place else for this scope.

Great inexpensive scope - Just my opinion but i do like it batter than the Sightron SI or the SII that I currently have on other guns. Early appearances I believe it is the wuality of the Bushnell Elite 3200

Old 05-10-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Got a New Scope - It really looks Good

Yes the Swift scope does look good. And I like the
power combination too. I have a 2.5X 7 on my 45cal
heavy brush cover ML. It does a great job for my
tired old eyes ! When ya get done figering out
what ya going to mount the Swift on keep us
posted...............................Danny
Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Dominant Buck

You're going to wear them rings out changing scopes every day... that is a nice looking scope and the 2-7 is a great power range for the muzzleloader... I will be looking forward to your report of how it shoots.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think he needs to wait for the Warnes and see if he can put that nice Swift on the UMag.

How long is that scope? 12.2, 11.6, x.x? Whohad itright?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 AM

What did that scope run? I haven't seen that one yet. Where did you get it?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get one for 129 from EABCO.com https://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=205-658M
Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 PM

I have a T/C Encore that I love to death, but the more I see that Model 97 Ultra Mag in Stainless and laminate stock, the more I like it. What is that gun going for. I haven't seen any around the Fort Worth, Texas area, just the ones that Cayugad and a few others have purchased. They look awesome.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call the Phoenix AZ Sportsman's Warehouse- I think they've still got some for 299.xx plus 15 shipping and I don't know if you'll need to pay sales tax or not. 623-516-1400

I posted a check list somewhere here of what all should come with the rifle.

Signed:

Ultra Pimp
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

This really is a good scope, put it outside on the deck rail last night while it was raining. It stayed out for several hours, then I brought it in the house checked it out - no sign of any fog not much sign of water on the lenses either. You can not believe the light in low site evening sky...

Here are the measurements with the eye focus rolled all the way in...

Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

txfireman

Not to give you any more encouragement, but I got to tell you this is a great all-around gun. Open ignition with all three ignition systems, Bold adjustable trigger, 26" stainless steel, laminate or synthetic stock, shoots 600 grain conicals down to 200 grain saboted loads. With the new 209 flat bottom breech plug - crud ring non-existant. Shoot 150 grains of BP orPyro - 130 grains of loose T7. Bolt/hammer system comes apart very easy cleans like a dream and easy to reinstall, one screw holds the trigger assembly in easy to remove easy to re-install. Should I keep going?

I have in the inline department - 2 Remingtons, 1 A&H, 1 CVA Firebolt, & 1 New Omega - i have gone through several other along the way - the new thing they call the Ultra Mag is really all I need. It is well balanced and EASY to shoot...and it is strong - really strong. Doc told me what you would have to do blow one up - it is unbelievable... He has actually suggested a good load... 120 grains of pyro under a 600 grain conical. He suggested I might shoot this for a thrill...

Quick Reply: Got a New Scope - It really looks Good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.