Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas >

Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas

Old 04-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Spike

Default Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas

Anyone have any suggestions. I called Kansas game and fish and they "she" said no scopes allowed. If it does not magnify? I can't use open sights with my old eyes.
Thanks,

Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas

Some, if not all of the red dot scopes can be had with no magnification. I've heard good things about the Bushnell Trophy. They come with different reticles to choose from.
If the rules specifically say "open sights only", then you may have a problem.

Good Luck

IM jaybe
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: brworth

Anyone have any suggestions. I called Kansas game and fish and they "she" said no scopes allowed. If it does not magnify? I can't use open sights with my old eyes.
Thanks,
Legal Guns & Bows

Old 04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

From Above:

Legal muzzleloading rifle for deer (regular season) - muzzleloading rifles and muskets that can be loaded only through the front of the firing chamber with separate components and that fire a bullet of .39 inches in diameter or larger.
Legal muzzleloading pistol for deer (regular season) – single barrel muzzleloading pistols .45 caliber or larger, that have a barrel length of 10 inches or greater and can be loaded only through the front of the barrel with separate components. Only conical lead or saboted bullets weighing 210 grains or greater shall be used with muzzleloading pistols.
Legal muzzleloading rifle for deer (early season) - muzzleloading rifles and muskets that have open or peep sights, including fiber optic sights, that do not magnify the target, project visible light, or electronically amplify visible or infrared light, that can be loaded only through the front of the firing chamber with separate components and that fire a bullet of .39 inches in diameter or larger.
Legal muzzleloading pistol for deer (early season) – single barrel muzzleloading pistols that have open or peep sights, including fiber optic sights, that do not magnify the target, project visible light, or electronically amplify visible or infrared light, .45 caliber or larger, that have a barrel length of 10 inches or greater and can be loaded only through the front of the barrel with separate components. Only conical lead or saboted bullets weighing 210 grains or greater shall be used with muzzleloading pistols.

To me it looks like you can only use open sights
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

.308, I see that there is a difference between the Deer(Regular Season) and the Deer( Early Seson).
Old 04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Spike

It looks like no scopes are legal even if they do not magnify. Quess I need to find a way to mount a peep sight.
Thanks for the input.
Buel
Old 04-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Spike

308 your right. I was interested in the early season, last year I used a red dot and was told that it did project visible light and I could have gotten a ticket. I think you could use a bow with a scope that does notmagnify I was hoping for the same with the muzzleloader.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: brworth

308 your right. I was interested in the early season, last year I used a red dot and was told that it did project visible light and I could have gotten a ticket. I think you could use a bow with a scope that does notmagnify I was hoping for the same with the muzzleloader.
brworth, a red dot scope doesnt project light!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Spike

How does that red dot get in there?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Legal muzzleloading rifle for deer (early season) - muzzleloading rifles and muskets that have open or peep sights, including fiber optic sights, that do not magnify the target, project visible light, or electronically amplify visible or infrared light, that can be loaded only through the front of the firing chamber with separate components and that fire a bullet of .39 inches in diameter or larger.

The RED DOT would be illegal. They do produce an electronical light. Also there are brightness settings on most of them so they would be illegal. From reading the law you are stuck with traditional, fiber optic, or peep sights.

Quick Reply: Legal muzzleloading rifle scope in Kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.