Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva kodiak

Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 PM

Default cva kodiak

hey was kinda looking for a ml for my girlfriend and my cousin who is about the same size as me. i shoot a T/C Omega but i want to get one a little cheaper i think for them too shoot. It seems the Kodiak is about identicle to the Omega. anyone have one your shot one before? good or bad its appreciated thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cva kodiak

I have two a 50 and a 45 plus a Winchester Apex and love em all.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:37 AM

Look in guns section on forums. Someone has a kodiak for sale and an optima.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1467831 CVA kodiak

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1488606 CVA optima

i myself got one of the apex rifles and they are on sale at cabelas at a great price. Heres the link http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=BargainCave&rid=&index Id=cat370001&navAction=push&navCount=7&amp ;parentType=index&parentId=cat370001&id=00 21007

Old 04-05-2006, 03:17 AM

I picked up a Kodiak about 2 years ago and really like it. If I had to do it all over again I would get the T/C Omega, but I have no problems with the Kodiak. It is a very accurate shooter with open sights at 100 yds. My load I use is as follows:
85 gr. Pyrodex P
370 gr. T/C Maxiball
Remington Kleenbore 209 primer
This load works great in my rifle. Here in CO we can only use loose powder, conical or roundball and open sights for muzzleloading season. Enjoy the rifle.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:03 PM

i would like to get another omega but with the kodiak being virtually the same thing and the 100 dollor price difference i have a chance at i believe the kodiak will be more then enough dont you think

Old 04-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

i would like to get another omega but with the kodiak being virtually the same thing and the 100 dollor price difference i have a chance at i believe the kodiak will be more then enough dont you think
Notquitevirtually the same after measuring the strength differences of the Omega's barrel & breech area versus that-of the Kodiak.
Not quite virtually the same after measuring the resale value one year from now.
Not quite virtually the same after measuringboth riflespaper targets at 150 yards (majority of times).
Not quite virtually the same after measuring the full-lifetime, replacement warranty of the Omega versus that-of the Kodiak.

If you still want the Kodiak afterreading my post -- even have thoughts of getting the "unpopular' 45-cal -- which are now on sale with most ML manufacturers due to poor sales (good reason for that)... well... you can get a Kodiak at the link below for $132.00.

http://www.ultout.com/connecticutvalleyarms-blackpowder.htm
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

T7 - if you have an opinon on this, I wish you'd stop beating around the bush and say it

jaybe

Old 04-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jaybe

T7 - if you have an opinon on this, I wish you'd stop beating around the bush and say it

jaybe
Hello Father Jerry!

I thought your "preaching to the choir & ministry" was onlydone on Sundays??.

p.s..... this ain't Good Friday yet!. [8D][8D]
Old 04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

700bdl870exp

If there is a law about "Truth" in advertising then this is interesting or are they not telling the truth? Sure wouldn't be hard to find out - they list the magazines and articles....

http://www.cva.com/products/rifle_kodiakpro.htm

Sounds like somebody likes them...
Old 04-07-2006, 07:53 PM

I have a CVA in 45cal. and I like it. It shoots
well; its easy to clean; & with 100gr. of powder it
doesn't kick the door in with recoil. Are their better
ML on the market? You bet, but you have to get
what best suits your needs & pocketbook . If I
were going to shoot 1000's of magnum rounds
through it I would not buy the CVA but for the
occasional shooter they are fine. Just read the
owners manual of whatever ML you buy & make
sure others who will shoot it do likewize.
Good Luck & God Bless........................Danny

Quick Reply: cva kodiak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.