Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Got some Trigger time today! >

Got some Trigger time today!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got some Trigger time today!

Old 04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got some Trigger time today!

I got some trigger time today and I might go again tomarrow. It worked alot better than last time. I only got 2 shots in last time. Between my dad and I we shot about 40-50 shots off. We shot it some with 80gr powder then went to 90gr. This is Pyrodex Select by the way. It seemed to like 90gr. Now we need to just do some fine tuning to get em hitting where I want. 100yds will be my max because it is hard to see well past. I was shooting Hornady roundballs with a .010 patch. It loaded easy and we did not need the starter at all. I really had some fun. My dad shot a bowling pin that was out there and you could hear the roundball rattle around in there when you shake it. Next time I want to shoot a bowling pin and open it up with my hatchet to see what happend to the RB. I really think roundball will be my projectile. All and all we got it shooting pretty good. Can't wait to go again.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got some Trigger time today!

Sharp Shooter

Way to go - glad you guys were able to get out and get some shooting in. It truly is fun and it does relieve all the stress of school and work...

It will just get easier and easier everytime out - the only bad thing is that each time out you will come back with more questions and thoughts you will want to work out. You will think of think you want to di different next time, things you will want to try and the next weeke end will not get here fast enough.....

Old 04-01-2006, 06:31 PM

Yes that was a glorious time: you and your Dad
getting in some "Quality Time" in this fast food,
faster download times world sometimes we forget
it's not what we do as much as it is we did it
together! Congrats on some fun times. Good shooting
God Bless................................Danny
Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Sharp Shooter,
Sounds like you and your Dad had a real good timetogether....I'm happy for both of you
Take out some plastic milk jugs full of water next time and shoot at them. They are a blast to shoot at!
There are exploding targets that are fun to shoot at too. Have you seen them?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Sharp Shooter-Sounds like you and your Dad had a great time. Spend as much time with your Dad as you can. The older you get the more precious these times and memories will become.My Dad died when I was only 18,I wish I had done more with him.

Charlie
Old 04-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Gratz Sharpshooter on getting some time with your Dad. I wish my boys were a little more interested in doing a little shooting instead of playing on the computer all day.

Also wish I could get my dad to come over and try out a little MLing, but if he gets more than 3 or 4 miles from the farm he gets antsy and has to head home after only a few hours visit. But on the bright side he is 86 and still keeps the horse stalls cleaned and animals feed etc. He loves it and I think it keeps him going. I praise the lord for every day he gives us.

God Bless all!!