Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Mdm's Dyno-Core Magnum Bullets >

Mdm's Dyno-Core Magnum Bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mdm's Dyno-Core Magnum Bullets

Old 03-31-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Mdm's Dyno-Core Magnum Bullets

Hellow I was wondering if anyone had tryed these bullets yet? There web site is www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com Also I just got a CVA Kodiak Magnum and was wondering how you guys thought that they might work in it. I have been using 777 pellets in it.
Thanks for your time
Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mdm's Dyno-Core Magnum Bullets

Hi Bear, they look interesting to me as well but the price is way to high for me to consider working up a load with. I did find them fairly cheap one day in a sporting goods store in Groveton NH but I happened not to be in the mood to buy anything when I saw them. Check out MDM's rifles though good bang for the buck. My son owns a Quikshooter.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Are those conicals the one that looks like a lost maxi hunter with a plastic shockwave nose which is supposed to help in expansion?

I never shot any of them. I think they might be more gimmick then anything. After all, if you smack a critter with a 1/2 inch wide 350+ grain lead projectile, do you really think that plastic nose if going to be all that important? Hitting any hard bone of the animal will help the conical mushroom anyway.

If I want to shoot conicals I would try them.. sure, why not? But I would try a lot of other ones also and then shoot the one that is most accurate. As to whether they would shoot well out of your Kodiak, you're going to have to get some, get to a range and try them out. With 2-50 grain pellets and a heavy conical, you are going to have a very powerful load there.

Good luck with your rifle.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty much Cayugad. They are a conical with a hollow core filled with the plastic stem that goes from the tip to the base. The base then has a skirt like a Powerbelt there almost too many parts to think about with that bullet but they do look like they would shoot good.

I just refuse to spend that much money on a bullet.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:00 PM

Thanks for your replys. I was looking at them because there was a write up about them in bear hunting magazine by Al Raychard and he gave them great reviews. Any suggestions on other bullets for the CVA.
Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any of the Shockwave/SST bullets should work. If your going for bear the heavier PowerBelts 405+ would be good. Several of the Precision Bullets would also work. Lot's of different conicals that would work.

You just need to get some and try them out to know what works best in your gun. Good luck and keep us posted.