Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today. >

Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.

I am guessing the slower twist barrels would require retooling and a new run on the machines since I can not think of the last time a 1-66 twist barrel came out of Thompson Center. Who knows maybe they farm out their barrels like Knight does. Or maybe since it is a special item, they figure they can milk the consumer a little more...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking the same thing Doug. My second muzzle loader ever was the White Mtn. carbine. I love that gun and you can tot it around all day its so nice and light. I'll never sell mine off eather but of corse I never sell any gun I can't he;[ it I just want more and more. But any way when a friend of mine passed his wife sold off his gun collection and another friend of mine bought his WMC for $100.00 and he said it was the best money he ever spent. Mike
Old 03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I do love the White Mountain Carbine as well even though I never owned one my hunting and shooting partner has one and it has always shot good for him.

Seeing this little FRO Carbine in person really is nessesary to see it's charm and the flint version is what I am talking about. Both of course are very light just like the WMC but it looks alot different in person. I guess I need to look at Paul's carbine again but I have seen and shot that rifle plenty.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 PM

Pittsburghtr,

I really like the idea of a 1:66 twist/flintlock version, you should get one...They actually made some slow twistWMC in flintlock, I know a guy who has one and I could not pry it out of his hands. So, I bought a Lyman GPR flinter and rebarreled it, I think it's 24" now, shoots good and carrys well. If the FRO was around at that time I would have saved my self the trouble and just bought one. Thanks for posting about the FRO.

Doug
Old 03-21-2006, 08:38 PM

Mike Hill,

Not to hyjack the thread but what do you shoot out of your WMC and how does it do.

Doug