Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Scout Conical loads >

T/C Scout Conical loads

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Scout Conical loads

Old 03-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T/C Scout Conical loads

Ozone, Triple Se7en goes off real well in the Scout. I use only that or FFF Goex in mine. As you know our nipples have a real long fire channel so having stuff that goes off with a lower temp than Pyrodex is a plus. I also use the FFF Triple Se7en in the Scout goes off like a centerfire rifle with good results down range. Good luck trying some and keep using the wads if you are getting that good results with them.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 PM

OK, Does this mean that Tripple seven comes in different sizes ?
I've also got the extra nipple and the musket nipple to build the conversion that ENCOREMAN showed on here a while back. It just looked to good not to try it out.
ENCOREMAN ,if you read this how did that work out and what advantage or changes did you have with the guns preformance ?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

My origional nipple has more than 1000 shots though it and it keeps on ticking. I would just hunt around for another spare. Think about it unless it gets peened over the top isn't what will get burnt out it is the little cone off of the barrel.

Now that I picked up another Scout and was told today that collector value is rising I am going to buy at least a couple more spares to make sure my shooting value and guns value do not suffer.

Our wooden stocked Scouts were among the last ones made on sight at T/C they farmed out stock making after the fire.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

OzoneRanger,
The only advantage that I was able to notice with my modified Scout musket cap nipplewas a better patch burn. It was not a significant improvement, butit was noticeable. I'll try and post a picture of the difference in the next day or so.