Yes, I got an urge and bought another rifle. This time it is one of the rifles I have always wanted so maybe this will end my collection foolishness. It is a White Ultra Magnum M97. It has a 26 Stainless Steel Barrel,..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I done it again... >

I done it again...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I done it again...

Old 03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I done it again...

ORIGINAL: txfireman

Hey Cayugad, I guess all that snow and and no shooting makes the mind go nuts, had do buy one. Congrats.
No shooting? Never happen...

I plow my shooting range first thing. A person has to have priorities you know.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Might want to look at the Bushnell 3200 or 4200. I don't think you can touch them for under $400. I have a 3200, very clear and the Rain Guard really helps.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Hey you only live once. When the wife nags me about buying another gun I always ask her how many pair of shoes does she need and she always zips up for awhile. Anyway congrats, and keep us posted on what shoots best.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, on that laminated stock - not sure of the OEM, may have been Boyd's but don't quite think so. You should probably add some waterproofing to the the interior portions of the stock when you get it. You'll see.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 PM

You are a horrible man Cayugad. Joking of course. Hope the rifle works well for you. A question though, have you ever considered selling some of the guns you already have? Maybe some you don't shoot very often or at all? The only reason I could see you doing this is to make more room in the cabinent for new guns and to make some money to purchase those new guns, I mean why else would anyone sell a gun. Well I guess my question is why don't you? Sell some of your older guns that is.

Wow I don't think that made any sense. If it didn't just ignoreme [8D]
Old 03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: QTompkins2005

You are a horrible man Cayugad. Joking of course. Hope the rifle works well for you. A question though, have you ever considered selling some of the guns you already have? Maybe some you don't shoot very often or at all? The only reason I could see you doing this is to make more room in the cabinent for new guns and to make some money to purchase those new guns, I mean why else would anyone sell a gun. Well I guess my question is why don't you? Sell some of your older guns that is.

Wow I don't think that made any sense. If it didn't just ignoreme [8D]
QThompkins..

This might sound funny but a number of times I have went over the collection thinking of which rifles and shotguns I really no longer need. Every time I pick one up and think, ok.. this one. I then remember some hunting adventure, somelittle thing that makes it specialI had with it or think of some silly reason why I might have a need for it in the future. I've really only sold a couple of rifles and a revolver or two in my who life.

Its just as easyto build another gun rack. In fact I measured up a nice 16 foot wall in the gun/computer officeroom and was planning how I could make a bookcase/gun rack on it.. Another project for me.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:01 PM

Cayugad: congrat on the new m/l I been thinking in looking into another one but,but,but I see or may just try a GM barrel drop into a stock I have sitting around.
I did restock my t/c hawkens flinter this year gave it a more traditional look with the PA hunter stock ,shot it last week just have to get use too ,seem the thinner stock and single trigger is going to take time to get the feel of things.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5347

Cayugad: congrat on the new m/l I been thinking in looking into another one but,but,but I see or may just try a GM barrel drop into a stock I have sitting around.
I did restock my t/c hawkens flinter this year gave it a more traditional look with the PA hunter stock ,shot it last week just have to get use too ,seem the thinner stock and single trigger is going to take time to get the feel of things.
I sure like the fast twist Stainless Steel Green Mountain Barrels I bought in .50 caliber. I have only used one of the two and they are the 1" on the flats model. Good shooters, easy to clean and nice looking to boot. I put the one on an old Renegade Stock and it works excellent.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:51 PM

Amen Brother, definately have to have the priorities in order. I'm like you, I'd still shoot. I love that kind of weather and you live in some beautiful country up there. I'd either be shooting or me and the kids would be building snow forts and having snowball fights. Cabin Fever sounds like it could get expensive if you buy a new gun everytime it comes a storm.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad - better be careful. UC told me how to get a S91 11 from Bob Bowers last august when I was having trouble with a new Omega.
Well 5 deer later there are 3 Whites on the wall and 2 more on the way!

Its amaziing how easy it is to work up a conical load and go to the range and just shoot!

Have fun
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.