Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Where is it headed (not to start an argument) >

Where is it headed (not to start an argument)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where is it headed (not to start an argument)

Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Where is it headed (not to start an argument)

Here in Oregon the regulations covering ML hunting are moving back to traditional. Guns must have open ignition systems where the cap is exposed and not covered by any part of the gun before firing. Sights must be open or peep and no sights that enhance ,gather ,or concentrate natural light.Sights must be made of metal,alloys or plastic. Illegal to hunt with jacketed bullets, sabots ,and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases. Round ball and conical lead alloy bullets with a length that does not exceed twice the diamitere ,and paper or felt patches are allowed. No center fire primers (209), #11caps and musket caps only as well as flint. No pelletized powders or propellants can be used ,only granular (loose) are legal propellants. No revolving actions or more than one barrel my be used. Over the last years they have moved this way with reducing the allowable new stuff. But they have added a number of new ML hunts each year. So if your OK with traditional guns than your doing well in Oregon. For my self and those I hunt with we have been using the old school guns for over 20 years and love it.