Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5 >

Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5

Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5

For that .54cal Scout in the local gun shop. I know it's used. I know it's old school. I know the Z5 is new and has never been shot but my heart just isn't in the rifle.

I don't even know if the shop will go for it but hey can't hurt asking right?

I bought the Omega for $109 and they want $250 for the Scout but they are selling the same model as mine for over $300.

Again I think it's the plastic stock that ruins the Omega for me. I would btw sell it to any of you folks If you think it's a good deal but you know what I paid for it so I doubt any of you want it. at least at $250.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5

perhaps the gun shop will trade you even up...
Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

That's what I am going to ask. I know they would sell the Omega easy enough and I want the Scout. I do have to check it out better but it looked to be in real fine shape to me.

You didn't answer the question though, am I crazy? lol..
Old 02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Long before this post.. weknew the answer to that question. It is one you have to answer for yourself though..

Actually I can understand your reasons. Plus you can always get another Omega. A Scout on the other hand is hard to come by. Personally, I'd keep the Omega. Then I'd go buy the Scout if I really wanted it also!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got my Z5 to where it will shoot better than me, and they just had to post a pic of that new Hunter Pro if they get one in around here with all stainless and a laminated stock I might have to trade to.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

I just got my Z5 to where it will shoot better than me, and they just had to post a pic of that new Hunter Pro if they get one in around here with all stainless and a laminated stock I might have to trade to.

are you trying to say they tempted you with that pretty new gun?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

WEELL maybe, Ionly have 14 now,15 actually sounds better to me [but my wife keeps wanting to know how many I can shoot at one time ] Lee
Old 02-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If George Jetson owned a muzzleloader, it would be the new Encore Pro-Hunter. Yes, Pittsburghunter, I think you've lost your mind.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah.... you are nuts to sell that Omega. If the stock is bothersome, T/C sells aftermarket stocks. If you want a sidelock 54, the T/C Renegades & Hawkens are better choices. Then you can purchase all kinds of aftermarket Green Mountainn barrels for it from Track Of The Wolf dot com. You can buy them used at auction houses too- have T/C replace free whatever may wrong with it - then buy a Track GM barrel in 54 -- better-yet... a 58 cal with 1-70" twist.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:12 AM
Spike

You asked us if we think you are crazy. Hummm... You bought Omega for $109. Then I think you are crazy to trade in with Omega. I am trying to be honest with you. If I were you, I would keep Omega and buy Scout. You do not like Omega then sell it some else with more $$$. But it is yours and you have rights to do anything you want! []

Quick Reply: Call me crazy but I might trade my new Z5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.