Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New Green Mt. Barrel >

New Green Mt. Barrel

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Green Mt. Barrel

Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Green Mt. Barrel

cayugad

Not to cause a problem but these williams are good ones, my iniatial reaction is far better than the the TC's... I really think you would like them. The front bead is a little larger piping than TC's so out there in the long yardage area the are going to cover more - I am guessing right now 3" @ 100...
Old 02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I will have to call them and see what kind of deal I can make with them. I would like at least one of the new Stainless to have the fiber optic sights...
Old 02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Cayugad,
I've seen this picture before, but I didn't look at it close enough to see that it was a S.S. barrel. The barrel looks a little dark in this picture and maybethat's why I missed it. It sure does look good and tempting....you sure can't beat the $$
I still want to get a .54cal., 1-48" twist barrel for my Renegade. I have so many 50's and only 1, 54cal. Flintlock roundball rifle. I want to play with the .54 Maxi Balls and otherconicals.
Now the S.S. barrel is 15/16" and the Renegade stock is 1" How is the fit? I know that were only talking about .03" clearance on each side, but is it very noticeable?
You guys are something else!

Old 02-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ENCOREMAN

Not a problem 15/16ths into a 1" barrel channel. There is a very narrow slit along each side of the barrel... This is my 15/16ths in the Renegade...

Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

sabotloader,
Good picture......Thank You!The fit looks just fine. I'm going to take my Hawken 15/16 barrel and drop it in my Renegade stockand see what it looks like.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ENCOREMAN

The only problem I had when I did the drop in is the under rib was a little to long - I ended up inletting the under rib into the nose of the stock. I see a couple of advantages - the square under rib sits in a square inlet - therefore no left and right movement can occur. I am thinking about dropping a bit of fiber glass beeding material under the breech and just in front of the wedge - it really does not look like it is needed but I need something else to do... I love tinkering - someday if i ever retire again - but then I will not be able to afford to do anything - dang

Old 02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Sabotloader-I see a box of Nosler's in the picture.Do they shoot well for you?I got some samples of the SHOTS and they worked Ok.I just bought a box of .451/250's from Gander,and I have a few Nosler sabots as well.What powder charge would you use in an Omega?90/100gr 777/2f seem to be OK so far for me.

Charlie
Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chasam60

I am currently using 100 grain t7-2f, but I am shooting 300 grain Noslers @ elk - actually those are .458's and I use a MMP .458 sabot.

For whitetail I was using Nosler260's, but I think I am switching to Speer .452 - 250 grain Gold Dots this season they have impressed me and are not as expensive - but I do shoot 110 grains t7-2f with these, but I am sure 100 grains would really be good....

They really shoot great for me. There are actually two types of 50/45 cal sabots out there. The older ones with a smooth cup are Harvester the newer ones with the stepped base are MMP's - the older harvesters load a little easier with .452 bullets - but the Noslers a .451 so they work well.

Good luck...

Old 02-08-2006, 05:58 PM

Other than laying a 15/16" barrel in a 1" barrel bed, has you actually conducted a range session ofshooting itthat way?
What eliminatesbarrel movement if it's not snug in the barrel bed?
Does the wedge pin fit as it's supposed to with a lower wedge pin tenon?
Is the hammer alignment for a 1" barrel still aligned OK for a 15/16"?

Inquiring minds and all that...

Old 02-08-2006, 06:05 PM

sabotloader: can a stainless barrel take to rust brown or will it rust with the LMF chemical? To bad they did not have it in a flinter reason is I need a percussion lock.I am thinking on it,do the barrel come with the fiber optic for old eye it a big plus?
ENCOREMAN
Hey if we bought two barrel I think we can save another $50.00 bucks on the deal I am thinking on it would want to place the order if I go for it,sabotloader know me I had some dealing with him

Quick Reply: New Green Mt. Barrel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.