Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Is this a good price? >

Is this a good price?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is this a good price?

Old 02-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is this a good price?

USED REM 700ML 50CAL S/S
ML230852 W/209 ADAPTOR
$279.95

Has factory sights yet. Not sure if it still has the things to convert back to #11 caps, which in Michigan at this time isn't a problem.

Al
Old 02-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is this a good price?

alleyyooper,
The price seems high to me, but then I'm not looking for a 700ML. I had the blued version years ago that I bought used for $150.00 It had a bad spot in the bore that the guy told me was a build up of lead. Well it wasn't lead at all, it ended up being a bad spot in the rifling. I sent it backto Remington and theytook care of it with a complete new rifle.....not just the barrel. I'd say that was excellent customer service!
I never did shoot the new rifle, I sold it to my boss for $200.00 This all happened years ago, I'd say 2-3 years after the ML was introduced.
I have friends that have theRemington MLand they are all shooters.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

That is way too high.. you can find Omega's for less then that have a much easier rifle to clean, care for, shoot, andthat will shoot just as good. Also the customer service of Thompson Center is second to none.. what is your feelings of customer service with a company that got out of the muzzleloader market then re entered again?

I have been noticing that people selling some of these used muzzleloaders tend to think they should be getting their entire investment back out of the rifle when they resale the thing. Thats a real nice thing when it happens to someone, but they need to start being realistic. It just is not going to happen.

If I am going to RISK buying a used rifle, why would I want to pay full retail cost of the rifle. I do not care if they paid $500.00 for it new and are now selling it for $250.00 they need to take into consideration the current new market trend prices. I had this same arguement in PM's with a person I was attempting to purchase their rifle. They got all bent out of shape when I finally told them they need not contact me further and good luck in selling their rifle. I guess I was the only interest in their rifle, but they did not want to sell it as bad as they thought they had.

I would look around and look at some of the Thompson Center Omega Z5's and some of the new Knight rifles out there. Even a new H&R Sidekick.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:38 AM

The Omega is 50 cal. Stainless with grey laminate stock and will
ship in original box with original accessories.Only thing
missing is the 5 bullets which came with it.This M/L is
in excellent condition and has about 20 shots fired through
it.I am asking $325 plus shipping.

I THINK THE ABOVE IS A SUPER DEAL ,SEEN THIS ADD ON ANOTHER FORUM
Old 02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like Remington 700 model rifles and have 6 that are center fires, and one model 7.The ML 54makes 7 that I own. I need a nother ML about as bad as another wife since I have my TC Hawkins in 50 anda TC Great Plains model in 50. I just like the 700 54 but would like to walk in to a store and find more than one choice in bullets.
As far as them not making then for a while and then starting up again, [:@]It's a profit thing. They have went the way of importing from a cheap labor country the same as Winchester and some of the others that never were made in America.
I do like TC and have a couple But they are not 700's

Here is another one. Same dealer.

USED REMINGTON 700ML .50
ML091973 S/S C.O.
$229.95
Thompson Center

USED T/C BLK DIA XR 50
RS16468 SS W/LEU3X9
$509.95

USED T/C BLK MT MAG 50CA
8117 SYN STK BLKPWDR C.O
$199.95

A Winchester.
USED WINCHESTER X150 .45
NSN S/S CAMO W/LEU 2X7
$599.95

A Ruger.
USED RUGER 77/50 50 CAL
73002375 BLK PWDER
$289.95

Al
Old 02-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

since you like the rifle and model that much you should buy it. otherwise you are going to hate yourself in the morning.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

All those prices are too high. Remington MLs were remarkable shooters, but they were extruding their ignition fire/foulingall over scope-bottoms -- literally melting some-- also a pain in the butt to care for with that lousy bolt-removal procedure of theirs. Remington was the originalML bolt-action pioneer that did nothing afterwards to improve that rifle. All other manufacturers passed them right by.

Buy..........
T/C
Knight
Savage
Austin-Halleck
White

Some of these you can get newfor the price you listed for used ones. Wait for sales. Some will be within the next month -- others start around August 1st.

Just my opinion.........
Old 02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have friend that is selling his .50cal hawkins flintlockused for 350 dollars but he may take less.i looked at it and its in real nice shape, dont looked like it was used much by looks of barrel.i dont know what he paid.if anyone is interested, i can give you the gunshop phone no. i dont know what a used one is worth but i think a new one is close to 600.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ooper,

Of the guns listed there the Remington is the best. If you have state rules that do not allow 209's - the Remington is really good. But, in all honesty if you are going to buy a 50 and you can use 209's - I would go to the new breed inlines - I am fighting that battle now myself.

The information t7 supplied is really true about the scopes - if you use the Remington 209 conversion, but since you are using the Cabelas conversion you will be ok - I do use a 20 gauge casing for a weather shroud...

Old 02-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know about the scope getting blackened from my 54. I use the facrtory shroud all the time which reduces it a lot. I also take the time to place a bit of 3M clear duck tape on the under side of the scope.
Maybe I should go a new inline route.

I think this is a good looker and I could also have fun with a lawyer in court fighting that smokeless powder was the FIRST black powder subsitute so is legal in Michigan. Which it isn't by the book now.

Al

Quick Reply: Is this a good price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.