HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Cayugad - Great Trick (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/130530-cayugad-great-trick.html)

sabotloader 01-26-2006 05:46 PM

Cayugad - Great Trick

I did not know about:

pull trigger, pull hammer back, release trigger, release hammer - NO CLICK! outstanding - I can not believe how well elk here that click...

cayugad 01-26-2006 06:46 PM

RE: Cayugad - Great Trick

Do elk like to hear you click that hammer back? :D After all running targets are much more fun.. right :eek: ?

MOTurkeyTamer 01-26-2006 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

pull trigger, pull hammer back, release trigger, release hammer - NO CLICK!
A relative of mine told me he wouldn't like an Omega because of the "click" when you pull back the hammer and I told him the same trick! It does work well!

Pittsburghunter 01-26-2006 07:00 PM

Works on almost all hammer guns my friends including 94's.

livbucks 01-26-2006 07:15 PM

Just don't let go of that hammer while holding that trigger! I think the elk would definately here that one. Oh well, the risks we take.

sabotloader 01-26-2006 07:15 PM

cayugad

You comment reminds me of a couple of movies that I share in my history class about mountain men - the worst thing they could hear in the dark was the click of a sidehammer or flinter- it was amazing how quickly a "click" could cause them to scatter - I really think they taught elk the same trick. This really seems odd to me as I have shot elk and the rest of the elk in the group stand around looking for where the sound came from - but a simple "click!" and they are in scatter mode.

Here is one that didn't here the click... Ignore the pink hat I lost a bet...

HighDesertWolf 01-26-2006 07:58 PM

ive been using that trick for years on my marlin 30AW .30-30 deffinately a good one to know with any external hammer gun.

cayugad 01-26-2006 08:05 PM

Hunting them elk sure looks like a lot of fun.. even if you had to wear a pink hat ( must have been a good wager ). The worst part or at least the real work looks like it would be carrying that big rascal out of the woods. Couldn't you have waited until the elk crossed a road or something??? :D I guess that's why when I hunted them the one time many years ago, I had a guide who had three boys... Nice elk there Sabotloader.

center12 01-27-2006 07:38 AM

Nice Elk, Nice hat!!

Sorry, men in pink hats must be mocked:D

jaybe 01-27-2006 07:58 AM

sabotloader: the key to having elk NOT hear the click is either shoot them while running, as cayugad suggests, or else back off a few hundred yards more ;). See - there's a simple solution to everything!

BTW - real men aren't afraid to wear pink.

IM jaybe :)