Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Will PA ever change? >

Will PA ever change?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Will PA ever change?

Old 10-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

That early muzzleloader season was created for the inline people who wanted to destroy the flintlock season. They still aren't happy.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
That early muzzleloader season was created for the inline people who wanted to destroy the flintlock season. They still aren't happy.
:happy 0001:
Old 11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

It,s just a matter of time when other changes will be have to be made.Like these 300 yd inlines and 200 yd rifled deer shot guns.I can,t see them allowin those in s/gun /inline only hunting weapons allowed areas much longer in populated areas currently off limits to centerfires.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
It,s just a matter of time when other changes will be have to be made.Like these 300 yd inlines and 200 yd rifled deer shot guns.I can,t see them allowin those in s/gun /inline only hunting weapons allowed areas much longer in populated areas currently off limits to centerfires.
Shooters will always find a way to shoot longer range, and there's some pretty good long range round ball shooters now. Its also not much of a problem reaching 200yds with a smooth bore and shotgun slug. Still, more and more states are now starting to allow certain centerfire cartridges. Seems the straight wall, 1.6" to 1.8" centerfires are easily 300yd rifles, now approved by many populated states.

However........ all the bickering between traditionalists and modern in-line hunters, falls directly into the hands of the anti-gun folks.
If you support the 2nd Amendment, then support ALL shooters and hunters. Regardless of side hammer, in-line, pistol, or AR firearms.
You have nothing to lose by supporting these other styles of hunting, but everything to lose being divided.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
all the bickering between traditionalists and modern in-line hunters, falls directly into the hands of the anti-gun folks.
If you support the 2nd Amendment, then support ALL shooters and hunters. Regardless of side hammer, in-line, pistol, or AR firearms.
You have nothing to lose by supporting these other styles of hunting, but everything to lose being divided.
I agree Barnes. PA does not allow the use of semi automatic rifles at all. Not even .22LR for small game. I wold love to use my AR-10 .308 for deer. They could limit the magazine size to 5 rounds just as they limit the capacity for shotguns to 3 rounds. Then everyone would be happy. Well maybe not. You can never please everyone.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Agreed Barnes 100% about all sportsman stickin together and not bein divided.But the primitive season shouldn,t allow inlines just because they load at the muzzle.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
Agreed Barnes 100% about all sportsman stickin together and not bein divided.But the primitive season shouldn,t allow inlines just because they load at the muzzle.
With all due respect, how can you agree 100% when after the first sentence, the first word in the next sentence is, "But" ? In cases where people use that phrase, what they really mean is that they still support their own opinion more.

Its WAY past time we get rid of the "Great Divide" among muzzleloader shooters and hunters. We can each use the "muzzleloader" of our choice, while not affecting a single other muzzleloader hunter. What affect would it have on a traditionalist, if a modern in-line hunter was hunting a mile away???

These completely outdated laws and restrictions do nothing for either party, or the overall sport of muzzleloading. It actually hurts some parts of the muzzleloading community. IMO it amounts to nothing more than greed by ones who want things his/her way only.

You know what's really funny? The traditionalists just hate the in-line shooters, yet the in-line shooters are always interested in traditional rifle shooting. It boggles my mind!

This same childish crap started with the bow hunters, where everyone shooting a long bow or recurve, went completely on the "war path" over compounds hitting the scene. However I will give the credit to the traditional bow hunters, they eliminated their prejudices rather quickly and went on hunting with what they felt they wanted to hunt with. A little of the same started when some states legalized the use of crossbows. Those prejudices ended quickly, with more and more crossbow shooters. In the archery world, the traditionalist, compound and crossbow shooters/hunters have learned that, none of the other methods affect how they hunt. However.... I can't say the same for the traditional muzzleloader shooters, sadly. Just like all the archers can share the woods with one another, so should the traditionalist and in-line shooters.

Hard headedness drives a wedge between the two shooter groups. It also feeds the anti-hunters and anti-gun nuts. Those groups search this stuff and WILL use it against us. It may only be one small contributing factor, yet when you add all the contributing factors together, it supplies the anti's with more "ammunition".

Think about it...... if someone deems that black powder is to easily attainable, and to easy to make an explosive device, I'll bet that at that time, the traditionalists will be wanting the in-line shooters support.

ELIMINATE THE GREAT DIVIDE!
Old 11-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I agree Barnes. PA does not allow the use of semi automatic rifles at all. Not even .22LR for small game. I wold love to use my AR-10 .308 for deer. They could limit the magazine size to 5 rounds just as they limit the capacity for shotguns to 3 rounds. Then everyone would be happy. Well maybe not. You can never please everyone.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20161027/pennsylvania-critical-semi-automatic-rifle-hunting-legislation-heads-to-the-governor
Old 11-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

I love the late flintlock. Hope it never changes.
-Jake
Old 11-06-2016, 04:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Barnes, the great divide, as you call it, isn't the seasons, it is hunters who either don't want to buy a flintlock or don't want to practice with one until they are proficient with one. Everyone is free to hunt the flintlock season, all they have to do is get a flintlock. Whether the inline crowd wants to admit is or not, an inline is not a primitive firearm and the flintlock season is a primitive firearm season. I am glad the PGC is holding the line on not allowing other types of muzzle loaders in the flintlock season. The season is called a Flintlock season and not a muzzle loader season for a reason. Bottom line is, no one is denied hunting that season, all they have to do is comply with the requirements. Complying will get them more than crying!

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-06-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Will PA ever change?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.