HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Will PA ever change? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/12924-will-pa-ever-change.html)

bronko22000 11-06-2016 05:33 AM

Barnes - PA did give modern muzzleloader shooter their own season in October. And your statement about the traditional ML shooters hating in-line shooters is false. Maybe there is a small group that are like that but not the majority. I have both in-lines and sidelocks. Yeah , I would love to use one of my percussion sidelocks during the late season but it is not permitted. I like shooting all type of MLs but I don't mind being limited by season restrictions. So I use the caplocks in the early ML season or during regular rifle season. So doing what I want while still following the rules.

BarnesAddict 11-06-2016 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4279813)
....... And your statement about the traditional ML shooters hating in-line shooters is false. Maybe there is a small group that are like that but not the majority.........

I have to beg to differ. True traditionalists can't stand in-line rifles. They want no part of modern in-line shooting or hunting and you'll find them saying, "Nothing primitive or muzzleloader about them. May as well be shooting a centerfire!"

Now I will say this, myself like you, own and shoot both. My latest little pet is a .36 Seneca I picked up this summer. However, when it comes to the true traditionalist vs in-line shooters, we're (you and I) are in the minority. See, you and I, along with a few other dedicated muzzleloader shooters, have put our prejudices for one or the other aside. Its extremely hard for the traditional, rather the flint shooter, to ever put his/her prejudices aside.

I'm pretty confident about this. So much so, that I believe it can actually proved next spring or summer. Join me where a huge number of traditionalists and flint shooters gather in the spring and fall. Lets ask the question.... :wink:

super_hunt54 11-06-2016 07:43 AM

Gotta agree with Barnes on this one Clem. Back in the dark ages when I was really serious about MLers (pre inline popularity) the flintlock folks would begrudge those of us using cappers! Now, if they were prejudiced enough to begrudge a side lock percussion, how do you think they feel about inlines?

bronko22000 11-06-2016 08:01 AM

OK - I see your point. I feel to that today's modern in-line MLs aren't much less than a single shot centerfire rifle. The accuracy and range of them was unimaginable 25 or so years ago.
While I have no grudge against anyone using them, there is something to be said about using a flintlock and a PRB and having to "get in close" (closer than a modern scoped in-line) that provides an additional challenge.