Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Its True!!! Jim Shockey goes TC!!! >

Its True!!! Jim Shockey goes TC!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its True!!! Jim Shockey goes TC!!!

Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Its True!!! Jim Shockey goes TC!!!

I was watching a cape buffalo hunt today on one of the outdoor channels and at the beginning Jim said that he has a new rifle sponsor for 2006. He said it is Thompson Center. He also said no more fancy clothes in that he would be wearing regular garb like he had on since he would be in the field alot. I guess either something bad happened between Jim and Knight or Thompson Center is paying better in order to sell more rifles. I like watching his hunts and cant blame him for what he endorses, but I have seen that man carrying a Knight rifle in really old photos. I think he was using the MK-85 in one of them. I dont know how many times he has said that he would trust his life to the Knight and now AAP. If something works for you I say stick with it. I think he now says he would trust it on a Thompson Center Encore and they make a fine product. I guess money talks, bull**** walks. Maybe Knight wouldnt pay for a full body mount of the hippo I saw him kill. LOL!!! I'll still watch him though. I use both . Who cares. I like the shows and it is mostly MUZZLELOADING, thats the important part. Oh no, they will have to change the picture on Shockey's Gold AAP. He has a Knight Revolution on it. LOL!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Its True!!! Jim Shockey goes TC!!!

Actually Shocky over the years I think went through a number of different Model Knight rifles and calibers. I think he was shooting a .52 caliber last I read. Towards the end he was shooting a Revolution in an African Photograph.

Any time a spokes person who has been with a company that long goes to a competitor I am sure there may be some hard feelings, but it usually boils down to dollars. Besides, both the Thompson Center and Knight are great shooting rifles..
Old 12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

What cayugad said sounds good to me,to each his own!

Old 12-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Supposedly Knight was upset about the American Pioneer ads. I don't have the whole story but I guess they were being made to appear that he was using a T/C with the powder and the pictureswere for hunts that Knight had paid for.