Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Peep site

Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep site

I would like to put a peep sight on my TC Hawkins 50.
Which model of either Marble or Lyman should I look for to simplfi mounting.

Al
Old 12-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Peep site

On my Thompson Center I mounted a Thompson Center Peep sight and I really do like it. I have no experience with the ones you mentioned...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Spike

I have a Hawken and a Senaca, both have TC peepsites. I've had them on for almost 30 years and wouldn't put anything else on, I really like them.The older rifles tang was drilled and tapped for these sites I believe that TC dosen't do this anymore, you have to have it done.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:27 PM

I have the t/c hunter peep on my 50 cal. flinter what a difference in the group
I also re=drilled the peep hole to 1/64 and with a front fiber optic sight is the way to fly.I may also install a front lyman globe on the hawkens.
I also had a peep on my new englander which I just sold,my Renegade flinter has stock sight if a hunter peep comes my way I am going to mount it on the Renegade also.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

here in pa. you cant use a peep sight for late season hunting,so, RMC SPORTS made a V-PEEP SIGHT which is legal.item no. is ml-230-3 for tc hawkins .their site is www.rmcsports.com. look up v-peep sights.they are best i have ever had on my hawkens.you can change front bead color to red or green.i like front sight cause it is real small. complete set is 36 dollars ,well worth it.i love mine.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

here in pa. you cant use a peep sight for hunting,so, RMC SPORTS made a V-PEEP SIGHT which is legal.item no. is ml-230-3 for tc hawkins .their site is www.rmcsports.com. look up v-peep sights.they are best i have ever had on my hawkens.you can change front bead color to red or green.i like front sight cause it is real small. complete set is 36 dollars ,well worth it.i love mine.
You can't use an aperture sight during the LATE FLINTLOCK SEASON, but you sure can during the regular early ML season in OCT, and of course, during the regular firearms seasons as well. In fact, you can even use a scope during thoseseasons.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:06 AM

Alleyyooper, I have a brand new TC hunting peep Number 7194 for TC Hawkin, Renagade new in the package. send me an e-mail with you address and I will send it to you.

[email protected]
Old 01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Longbow bowhunter I recieved the peep sight in the mail this PM. Looking forward to mounting it then shooting. I have a feeling that it will improve MY shooting since it is a better sight for us with older eyes.
Thank ever so much, Don't know how I will ever repay you.

Al
Old 01-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

lonewolf5347,
Are you sure about drilling the peep hole to 1/64th's...that's about.016"
That's an awfully small hole to see through[]
I drill most of my peeps sights outto at least3/32 (.093")and most even larger 5/32" (.156) depending on the use.

Longbow Bowhunter,
That was really nice of you to send alleyyooper a T/C peep

alleyyooper,
Keep us posted on your results using your new peep. I likea green fiber optic front sight when using a peep. The front globe sightswork nice too.
Years ago I worked in a shop that had a CO2 cuttinglaser and I cut out a bunch of different inserts for the globe sight. I had a lot of fun trying them out.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:26 PM

Are the T/C peep sights your all speaking of the tang peep in a hunting style? I was under the impression from a previous post that they werent the greatest for hunting, I didnt know you could drill them out.
Just a bit confused, but props to you Al for landing a freebie
Let us know how it works out!

Quick Reply: Peep site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.