Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics) >

My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics)

Old 12-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics)

It finally happened!! I got my first buck with a smokepole. It happened thursday 12/22. I was drawn for a special hunt with my uncle on a property where there are waaay too many deer. I shot this guy at 7:22 and he was the 28th deer seen on the day. I saw close to 60 during the course of the entire day.

I shot him with a T/C Firestorm, 350 Maxi-Hunter's and 95 grains of 2F. The Q.A. shot went through the guts, 1 lung, and the liver. He went about 160 yds total.

He is a 115 lb 5 pt buck. My largest...but thats not too hard to be when he's only my second buck. (First was a 150 lb 3 pt last year with the bow).

Here's a link to the story:
http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1350616

And here's the pics:

Old 12-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics)

Another

Old 12-25-2005, 08:14 PM

Congratulations and very nice pics!
Old 12-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on your buck!!

I was looking at your firestorm. I have a chance to buy one (although I really do not need one) I was wondering how well it shoots roundball. They have a 1-48 twist right? The reason I ask is this person that has it claims it is a 1-28 twist and I think he might be mistaken. That is the reason I am interested in it.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

cayugad: yes my firestorm has a 1 in 48 twist.

Ican't really comment on the roundball accurracy though. I can group 4-5 shots in like3 inches at 50 yds with my open sites.

I'm sure it can shoot better, but I'm not good enough to know how much better though.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I was looking at your firestorm. I have a chance to buy one (although I really do not need one) I was wondering how well it shoots roundball. They have a 1-48 twist right? The reason I ask is this person that has it claims it is a 1-28 twist and I think he might be mistaken. That is the reason I am interested in it.
Fifrestorms are 1:48" twist
Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 PM

Congratulations .308...excellent accomplishment, mastering the Flintlock and bagging your buck !!

Old 12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: roundball

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Fifrestorms are 1:48" twist
Thanks roundball.. when I was talking with this person about his Firestorm thathe wanted to sell, he was sure it was a 1-28 twist. I told him I thought it was 1-48 but he was "positive" of the twist. I think I will pass on it then. I have enough of the 1-48 twist rifles already.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bar B Que backstraps , congrats , looks alot colder there than it is here in Florida
Old 12-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

cayugad,
The T/C Firestorms were made with both 1-28" and 1-48" twist barrels. I own the Firestorm 209 and it has the faster 1-28" twist.
I think T/C gave you an option of barrel twistwhen they first came out.

Quick Reply: My Flinter Buck!!!...(pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.