HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight Disc Elite or Disc Extreme? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/126240-knight-disc-elite-disc-extreme.html)

bloodtrail455 12-23-2005 10:56 PM

Knight Disc Elite or Disc Extreme?

Trying to decide between the two and which one to go with!?
Some people tell me the Elite.....Some people swear that the Extreme is the way I should go!? Being new to this makes it tough to know what one is the way to go!
Im sure either will make me happy, but just looking for insight from those with either or those that own both! Pros or cons between the two?

150 Class 12-24-2005 05:34 AM

RE: Knight Disc Elite or Disc Extreme?

If you plan to put a scope on it and never need the open sights, I would go with the Elite. It has better balance and in my opinion, is slightly more accurate but only slightly as they both are very accurate guns in the right hands. To be quite honest with you, you should buy the one that you can get the better deal on (which will probably be the Elite since they are discontinued and going for great prices at more than one place).

bloodtrail455 12-24-2005 07:24 AM

Does anyone know where a guy could get a stainless/synthetic elite still?

cayugad 12-24-2005 09:39 AM

There were some at Sportsman's Guide for an excellent price. Whether there are any left would be hard to say, those kind of rifles, once the word gets out, they do not last too long.

** nope.. I looked and do not see them there anymore..That's good they had tempted me to the point of almost impulse buying.. :D

bloodtrail455 12-24-2005 01:30 PM

sportsman guide is out of the stainless elites.............

dmurphy317 12-24-2005 03:34 PM

A friend bought one of the blued ones from Sportsmans Guide, it looks nice. He considering having his other 2 Knights (DISC's) converted to the quick release bolt as the Elite has (I think it costs about $50 including shipping). The last time I looked they still had some of the blue ones and, like Cayugad, I have been tempted to buy one. The main reason I haven't is that I want an Omega or a break action style gun to make priming less of a hassle than the bolt action is. But boy is it tempting.

rjhans53 12-24-2005 05:58 PM

Heck the choice is obvious, BUY EM BOTH then all you have to do is decide which one to shoot on a particular day. Oh and JeffD at knight told me it's 35 to convert to the quick release and it included shipping back, could be wrong because it's been a few days but I don't thinkso

bloodtrail455 12-24-2005 08:41 PM

Well.....a few nights on the sofa are on my schedule!
I just went ahead and bought one of the Elites from Sporstsman Guide! Once the credit card bill comes I will be on the hot seat! But for a deal like that I can take it!!!! What combo of load-rounds works best out of one of these?????

rjhans53 12-25-2005 06:40 AM

My elite dearly loves (under 1/2"at 50)the 200 gr Shockwaves with 90 gr pyrodex pushing it, it does ok (1" at 50)with the 44 240 gr xtp in hornady sabots (doesn't seem to care for the MMP sabots I have) It also (I've only shot them for break in so I don't know about now) was doing a nice clover leaf with the 295 hp powerbelts sitting on 90 pryo. Next step is see if it likes the 200 gr xtp in the blue sabots but that's next trip out, the sabots just arrived yesterday.

dmurphy317 12-26-2005 07:12 PM

The $50 my friend told me about included shipping to Knight. The $35 only includes shipping back to you. Sorry for any confusion.