Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 So I'm a sexist jerk >

So I'm a sexist jerk

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

So I'm a sexist jerk

Old 12-15-2005, 02:41 PM

Default So I'm a sexist jerk

I called Traditions this morning to ask them how do I remove the barrel from my full stock flintlock rifle.

After calling the toll-free service number a female picks up the phone. Thinking this is the receptionist, I ask for someone who can help me with removing a gun barrel.

She says to me: "I can help with that..."

Yea right I'm thinking. So I describe what I'm trying to do. When finished, without skipping a beat she says: "oh thats pretty easy you just blah, blah, blah..."

"Well what about the ram rod retaining spring, I guess that is held in place by the lock plate screw" I ask her.

And once again without hesitating she proceeded to give a clear and thorough answer.

Sounded like Mrs. Cayugad on the phone!

Well I am happy toreport that Traditions service department is very helpful and competent.

/chuckles and shakes head

~Robert

Old 12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So I'm a sexist jerk

Mrs. Cayugad! ha ha ha LOL
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 PM

I went to the doctors with my GF yesterday and she picked up a field and stream and started reading an article on bowhunting. Then she was reading a paper on terminal wound ballistic theories last night. When I get done she will know more than most of the guys I hang out with. She does't want to hunt yet though, she is just interested in the technical part of it.

I called darton once with a question about cam timing and string location on the cam. The receptionist actually knew what I was talking about and walked me thru it. Then sent me all the tech papers for my bow along with a catalog next day mail at no charge. I was pretty impressed.

Paul
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess most chics figure they are gonna be judged as clueless so they try harder and usually end up making better tech people in the end. The woman from Renegade i talked to about my bow was extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Hey Paul does that gf of yours have a sister?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Glad you got your rifle fixed ... I think.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a woman who works as a gunsmith at a local Gander Mountain store. If I want work done on something or need advice or help finding a reloading tool, I talk to her. The men who work at the counter may be able to tell a few deer hunting stories but have no clue when you ask them a technical question about a gunand will often stare blankly at the powder cabinet after you ask them to fetch you something from it. That, and the woman is great looking also.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Spike

My wife was all excited when I bought my ML......even thought it would be "neat" if she could shoot it. Thats as far as we got on that subject and I don't care to go any farther.