HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   my sons buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/124367-my-sons-buck.html)

little-d 12-09-2005 04:54 PM

my sons buck

the buck my boy shot was full of birdshot,we picked 9 shots from his back side, the cods had a few in them also. I guess thats why his rack was messed up,but the tederloin sure is good.

ENCOREMAN 12-09-2005 05:31 PM

RE: my sons buck

little-d,
I remember a fewyears ago, I found a 22 long rifle slug in a bucks shoulder. I just hope the slob hunters that do this kind of thingeventually get caught and prosicuted[:@]

cayugad 12-09-2005 06:38 PM

Many years ago, my friend shot a buck with bow and arrow. Now that is not all the uncommon except the buck stood out in the middle of the field and he walk/stalked up to it. When he shot it, it ran off right into a tree. On closer inspection the eyes were all white glazed over and the face full of bird shot. He suspected some bird hunter had shot the buck in the face with a load of bird shot and blinded it.

After that incident, he posted his property and refused to let grouse and duck hunters cross it to the river. It was a shame that one stupid fool caused all the others to suffer but it was his property. I never faulted him for it. Beside, I was allowed to hunt it.

little-d 12-09-2005 09:20 PM

I AM IN A WAY SORRY THAT MY POACHER GUY IS OUT OF THE PICTURE NOW. at one time i would have let tony hunt on my land any season. he was a good friend(EVEN THOUGH HE HADN'T TRAINED HIS SHOTGUN THE DIFF BETWEEN BIRDS AND DEER)and would have helped a stranger in the pouring down rainCHANGE A TIRE AND ASK FOR NOTHING. The bird shot is the third buck from behind my house and his, that has been killed by me and my son with birdshot recovered from their inside hide, only one had the shot enter the mussel. But back to tony he got wound up in the meth scene and went off the deep end . ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO HE GOT INTO REHAB AND STARTED TO CLEAN HIS ACT UP BUT LAST WEEK HIS DAD AND HIM GOT INTO A FIGHT OVER NOTHING AND TONY'S DAD DIED THIS MORING FROM HIS WOUNDS. THE LAW HAS UPGRADED HIS CHARGE BUT I DIDN'T HEAR WHAT IT WAS .A VERY TRAGIC END TO A FATHER AND SON . but a great end to a gun that could not tell the diff between animals. I think the law took all of the guns that tony had ,i hope they end up in the hands of a real hunter and not another poacher.

livbucks 12-10-2005 01:03 PM

Those guns will eventually be destroyed. That Tony guy obviously had no respect for the law, family, himself or common good. He never belonged in the woods and we should all be thankful he will not be there anymore.

footofthehills 12-10-2005 01:50 PM

Congrats on your boys harvest.
@ years ago in wis my boss shot a buck with bow and we found an older broken arrow in its chest cavity! Now thats a stout deer!
Nathan

UncleNorby 12-10-2005 05:48 PM

My archery buck had a large "crater" on his ribcage. No wound in the hide was visible, no bullets or shot were there. Just the odd looking indentation. It was from an injury of some sort, maybe even a puncture from another buck's antlers.

I've found razorblades from broadheads inBOTH shoulderblades of a six point buck. That deer had a very fresh bullet hole on his neck, it just barely nipped him. I even heard the shot about ten minutes before I saw the deer coming my way.

My brother's deer from this year had multiple wounds, all healed and from previous years.

Never seen any birdshot.