Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What do you plan to hunt next year? >

What do you plan to hunt next year?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you plan to hunt next year?

Old 12-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you plan to hunt next year?

What do you plan to hunt next year with your muzzleloader? I plan to hunt mule deer in the flat tops of the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado. I will be using my Thompson Traditional 54. cal. That is what I want to do anyway. How about all of you?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:56 AM

Default RE: What do you plan to hunt next year?

hogs,deer,turkey,wild dogs. deer and hog season endsthe last ofjan. but wild dogseason stays open year-round on my land.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

any thing I can legally hunt... I do want to take a hog hunting trip next year and maybe an elk hunt. I want to use the .58 caliber rounball rifle for that. I think it would be a real kick hunting them with roundball, but I want a nice large heavy one when I do...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 AM

It depends on my work schedule, but will try to hunt Elk or Mule Deer in the flat tops area myself if i can draw a tag. I hunted Unit 7 & 8 last september and took a fork horn muley, I saw very few deer and no elk so i tought i would try another area. Karry
Old 12-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

I am thinking about applying for a nonresident Kentucky elk permit. And as always I am going to hunt deer here in Georgia. The only thing I don't like about Kentucky is there is no seperate ML season for elk. That means I will be out there with all of the centerfire guys. They will probably only allow between 100-125 permits, so the chance of me getting drawn is about the same as winning the lottery.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:29 PM

Hey pse I plan on hunting mulies and elk here in CO also. I will use my .54 GPR with a PRB and also my CVA Kodiak with a 370 gr. maxiball. I'm also planing on getting a Savage 10MLII and will probably use a 300 gr. Hornady SST during regluar rifle season for elk. I can't wait.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer and turkey - elk if I'm drawn.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys with a bow,deer,pigs,coyotes,varmits with my cva,thinking about
selling my 270,love the ml!

Old 12-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry,forgot to down size the picture!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:58 PM

Hey All,
I just got my bp rifle. A cva optima and I'm in love with it. Deer here in the black hills, Turkey with my bow and hopefully some ducks if I can find a place to jump shoot em.The black hills are really nice but I do miss wisconsin and all the hunting up ther.
Muzzle loader season starts next sat and I can hardly keep myself still waiting for it. I need some sausge and jerky.
Good luck to all
Nathan

Quick Reply: What do you plan to hunt next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.