Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pictures of your rifle >

Pictures of your rifle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pictures of your rifle

Old 11-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pictures of your rifle

Tell us a little about your rifle and put a pic on if you have one. I dont have a pic yet but I hope to get one if I go shooting next week. I have a 54. Caliber Thompson Center Arms. It was my grandpas and he gave it to me.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pictures of you rifle

ORIGINAL: pse-archer

Tell us a little about your rifle and put a pic on if you have one. I dont have a pic yet but I hope to get one if I go shooting next week. I have a 54. Caliber Thompson Center Arms. It was my grandpas and he gave it to me.
.50 cal. Hawken by Virgil Hartley (dec'd) with Bill Large (also dec'd) barrel. 32" barrel, Hartley-made short hammer fall caplock. DST's, total weight 7 pounds w/o scope. Lyman aperture rear sight, 4X Lyman All-American scope.

I also have a .45 Hawken which is essentially identical, but has browned iron furniture instead of brass.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:35 AM

Mine is a 50 cal Traditions "Shenandoah."

And the action:

I've only had it for about 3 months and it has been a lot of fun to shoot. A real conversation piece at the range to boot! Not to sound hackneyed, but shooting this gun and learning about flintlocks in general, has really opened my eyes to the difficulties users of these weapons experienced.
~Robert
Old 11-29-2005, 04:21 PM

I am hoping Cayugad will reply. From the sound of it, he has got quite a collection.

~Robert
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's a picture of a few of the traditional rifles I like to shoot the most. And some of the Green Mountian Barrels I like to switch back and fourth with. And I see my new Knight Disc rifle in there with the camo stock. The other wall has more inline rifles, and the gun cabinet has a few of the old Thompson Center rifles I have...

All of them I do shoot (other then the modern rifles.. I have not shot them in many years). And the black powder handguns. Also this picture shows some of the empty cans of black powder, swiss, pyrodex jugs (I threw away a lot of them) and Triple Se7en jugs,I shot off last year and the #11 caps.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

eldequello,
I love your Hartley Hawken rifle....wishing I had one!

I planned on posting a picture of my T/C Scout, since you don't see them very often anymore, but after seeing cayugad's collection I decided to show a few more if my muzzleloaders.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Helps to remember to send pictures before submitting post. I'll try again.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Here's the .50 cal. T/C Scout. I had a .54cal Scout pistol a few years ago to go along with the rifle, but I was an idiot and sold it.....shame on me!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my CVA Optima still in the box, havnt shot it yet.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice rifles. I will try to get mine on ASAP. Cayugad, how many blackpowder guns do you have total?

Quick Reply: Pictures of your rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.