HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Pictures of your rifle (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/122928-pictures-your-rifle.html)

Sharp Shooter 11-29-2005 06:56 AM

Pictures of your rifle

Tell us a little about your rifle and put a pic on if you have one. I dont have a pic yet but I hope to get one if I go shooting next week. I have a 54. Caliber Thompson Center Arms. It was my grandpas and he gave it to me.

eldeguello 11-29-2005 07:35 AM

RE: Pictures of you rifle

ORIGINAL: pse-archer

Tell us a little about your rifle and put a pic on if you have one. I dont have a pic yet but I hope to get one if I go shooting next week. I have a 54. Caliber Thompson Center Arms. It was my grandpas and he gave it to me.
.50 cal. Hawken by Virgil Hartley (dec'd) with Bill Large (also dec'd) barrel. 32" barrel, Hartley-made short hammer fall caplock. DST's, total weight 7 pounds w/o scope. Lyman aperture rear sight, 4X Lyman All-American scope.

I also have a .45 Hawken which is essentially identical, but has browned iron furniture instead of brass.

BonsaiDiver 11-29-2005 08:35 AM

Mine is a 50 cal Traditions "Shenandoah."

And the action:

I've only had it for about 3 months and it has been a lot of fun to shoot. A real conversation piece at the range to boot! Not to sound hackneyed, but shooting this gun and learning about flintlocks in general, has really opened my eyes to the difficulties users of these weapons experienced.
~Robert

BonsaiDiver 11-29-2005 04:21 PM

I am hoping Cayugad will reply. From the sound of it, he has got quite a collection.

~Robert

cayugad 11-29-2005 04:55 PM

Here's a picture of a few of the traditional rifles I like to shoot the most. And some of the Green Mountian Barrels I like to switch back and fourth with. And I see my new Knight Disc rifle in there with the camo stock. The other wall has more inline rifles, and the gun cabinet has a few of the old Thompson Center rifles I have...

All of them I do shoot (other then the modern rifles.. I have not shot them in many years). And the black powder handguns. Also this picture shows some of the empty cans of black powder, swiss, pyrodex jugs (I threw away a lot of them) and Triple Se7en jugs,I shot off last year and the #11 caps.

ENCOREMAN 11-29-2005 05:40 PM

eldequello,
I love your Hartley Hawken rifle;)....wishing I had one!

I planned on posting a picture of my T/C Scout, since you don't see them very often anymore, but after seeing cayugad's collection I decided to show a few more if my muzzleloaders.

ENCOREMAN 11-29-2005 05:46 PM

Helps to remember to send pictures before submitting post. I'll try again.

ENCOREMAN 11-29-2005 05:49 PM

Here's the .50 cal. T/C Scout. I had a .54cal Scout pistol a few years ago to go along with the rifle, but I was an idiot and sold it.....shame on me!

A.D.D. BOY 11-29-2005 06:41 PM

This is my CVA Optima still in the box, havnt shot it yet.

Sharp Shooter 11-29-2005 06:51 PM

Nice rifles. I will try to get mine on ASAP. Cayugad, how many blackpowder guns do you have total?