Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pictures of your rifle >

Pictures of your rifle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pictures of your rifle

Old 12-02-2005, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Pictures of you rifle

I Havea Traditions pursuit Pro 50 cal this is my first year to hunt with it and love it.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:56 PM

Here a t/c Renegade 54 flinter that I built from a kit
My other also include a t/c New Englander 54 cal. a t/c thunderhawk in 54 cal. a t/c hawkens flinter in 50 cal.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

That's a beautiful rifle Lonewolf. I bet that is a good shooter. I like the Renegades a lot!!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:10 AM

cayugad:the Renegade is a first run for t/c has onlt 2 woods screw that hold the tang into the stock,the guy had it siting in his basement for more then 30 years.
This renegade will shoot heavy charges with 230 grain RB and it has a 1 in 48 barrel twist.
My load is 95 grains of 3f A wad and patch RB walmart pillow material and 60/40 beeswax and lard for patch lube,has the partridge sight on it
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Spike

Here's mine. A T/C Omega Z5 that I just bought last week. Talley one-piece base and rings with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40. Can't wait to fire it but that probably won't happen until the spring. Its 10 degrees F up here in Manitoba with a bunch of snow on the ground.

The other is my T/C .50 cal White Mountain Carbine. This one used to belong to my Father In-Law. Really nice little gun.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:21 PM

This is anearly style TC Hawken, .50cal Flintlock...when I refinished the stock I was shocked at how beautiful the wood was,hidden under the automated factory spray on finish

Old 12-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

roundball.....how do you know thats an "early style" TC hawken?? what are the diffrences?? just wondering...i bought one used....and would like to know the where abouts of the age....looked like an old gun...had an old style screw driver slot touchhole in it....brass ramrod like yours....heck.....did you sell that gun in PA?? i bought that guns brother!! mines a flinter too!! what do you shoot out of it?? mine loves to shoot roundballs...hates bullets though...cant get toehm to shoot worth a dang....right now im shooting a .495hornady ball..... .015 prelubed TC patch...and 90grs of 3fg goex.....yes...its tight....but its a shooter.....once its started it slides right down though...any roundball load ive tried shot excellent in that gun though...even loose patch n balls.... .010 patch and a .490 ball used to practically fall right down there....and shot great.....can you tell me the diffrences between new and old style if there are any? or serial number runnings or something if you know?? just curious......i really think mine was older...wish i could find the original owner and shake his hand.......man he kept a nice rifle....and your right...that crappy TC finish was garbage.....every scratch turned white and looked nasty.....i refinished mine the first winter i had it with truoil...and add a few coats every winter after the season.....man it had some nice wood underneath that plastic crappy coating.....
Old 12-09-2005, 03:47 PM

From my experiences with several I've looked at and bought,the 70's and early 80's Hawken stocks hadphysically larger stocks, higher / very pronounced combs,longer LOP's (14.5-14.75") and usually a much better looking grade of wood.

That rifle was actually a caplock...I bought it just to get the stock, sold the caplock & barrel, refinished the stock, installeda new TC Flintlock assembly,TC.50cal 1:66" RBFlint barrel,anda brass ramrod.

Deer load is:
90grns Goex 3F
OxYoke wad
.018" TC pillow tricking patch
Hornady .490 ball

It's a beauty and as accurate as all get out...love it
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is my deer rifle...a .54 that I finished in 1990...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK...trying again...

Quick Reply: Pictures of your rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.