Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 another confuse guy!!! >

another confuse guy!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

another confuse guy!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Default another confuse guy!!!

hello fellas. i went to the range and sigth in my scope i start at 20 yards andi sight in 1 inch high at 20 yards and then i move my target to a 100 yards and i shot 3 times it was grouping 9inch high at 100 yards is it suppose the bullet goes down cozthe targetits more further any comment?? i was using omega stainless steel, 2 50 pyrodex pellets,300grains xtp thank u!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: another confuse guy!!!

go back to the range and sight in dead on at 25 yards. That should put you about 2" high at 50 yards, almost dead on again at 75 yards and a little low, about an inch or moreat 100 yards. What kind of distance were you going to center for?

With the rifle hitting 1" high at 20 yards I will guess your POI is somewhere out around 150 yards or more. That's just a guess since the ballistic calculator I use will not let me figure a POI of less then 25 yards. When I figured an inch high at 25 yards it came in around 147 dead on and 3.+ at 100 yards, so this might be the reason. It sounds like you need more range time.

How tight are the groups?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:36 PM

my groupings was probobly around 4 inches @100 yards and 1 inch @20 yardsim going to switch powder, pyrodex is very tough to use its very dirty its very hard to load even you swab it, after 8 shots its very hard to seat the bullet thru the powder so shoot them half way i just bought a 2 lbs of loose3f american pioneer like u said
buy 3f not 2f.. thanks a lot cayugad!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

It sounds like your groups were not all that bad. I think you might like the APP. There is very little fowling with it. Just be careful around moisture. I hear it is moisture sensative although I never had a problem with it.. Good luck.