Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight info

Old 12-02-2005, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Knight info

I hear alot of people complain about the knight discs and I wonder if they have ever used a knight rifle that utilized them? Ifthey hadthey'd know that with cold fingers they are much easier to manipulate than a primer alone. They also create a true waterproof seal.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: biggunz.45-70

I hear alot of people complain about the knight discs and I wonder if they have ever used a knight rifle that utilized them? Ifthey hadthey'd know that with cold fingers they are much easier to manipulate than a primer alone. They also create a true waterproof seal.
I agree biggunz.45-70 I have a disk rifle also. Even though the disk is a pain to load and unload, when your hunting they are a blessing. No cappers, no decappers, just a few in your pocket and your good to go. The only place I dislike them is when I have to knock the spent primer out and replace it with a new one.. but that is all part of the rifle. As for the accuracy of the Disk rifle, it would be hard to match.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

knight doesn't reccommend re-using the discs. i have re-used some while shooting off the bench, but in the field, its a new disc for every shot. i agree, the people that rag on the discs, probably haven't shot them. probably tc's stock reply. when its 5 degrees, see what is easier to cap/uncap. one of those 209's or a 209 in a big fat disc.