Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 "Precision Rifle Accu-Fire Breech Plug" >

"Precision Rifle Accu-Fire Breech Plug"

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

"Precision Rifle Accu-Fire Breech Plug"

Old 11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Spike

Default "Precision Rifle Accu-Fire Breech Plug"

Well after reading lots of post on this forum and talkin to a few owners. I am going to save up and go ahead and get the TC Encore. What I was wondering is if any of you ML owners have switched to this "PRAFBP".Do you all think it is worth the extra 60 dollars for the conversion?

Here is a read on it.

http://www.bpbullets.com/thompson%20center%20encore.html

Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "Precision Rifle Accu-Fire Breech Plug"

People convert to those .25 ACP breech plug conversions when they find bad crud ring build up from using the conventional primers. I suggest you give the other 209 Kleenbore Primers a chance first and if they do not work, then this of course is an option.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 PM

Another reason is the primer blowback into the breech of the Encore. Mine blows back a good bit. I have been thinking of the 25 acp conversion but have not done it. I did a little shooting with the Variflame adapter but not enough yet to form an opinion.
IMHO don't believe the "sealed breech quick cleanup" of the Encore.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: racks-n-beards

Well after reading lots of post on this forum and talkin to a few owners. I am going to save up and go ahead and get the TC Encore. What I was wondering is if any of you ML owners have switched to this "PRAFBP".Do you all think it is worth the extra 60 dollars for the conversion?

Here is a read on it.

http://www.bpbullets.com/thompson%20center%20encore.html

Hey racks here's my take on the whole deal. You can take it or leave it.
I purchased a PRAFPB for my CVA Kodiak .50. At first I really liked it. I used the CCI 400 small rifle primers like suggested. Well I have to say I had more misfires than I could shake a stick at. Now that could just be my rifle. Long story short, I went back to the stock breech plug and some Remmington Kleenbore 209 primers. I haven't had a misfire since. If it were my I'd save my $60 and stick with the stock breech plug. Which ever you decide I wish you the best.