Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Resolved.  Confused and Disappointed Omega owner >

Resolved. Confused and Disappointed Omega owner

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Resolved. Confused and Disappointed Omega owner

Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Resolved. Confused and Disappointed Omega owner

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I think I solved the problem(fingers crossed, I'm hoping)with your help. I picked up some 300gr shockwaves and some 777 pellets. I first started with the original 250 gr shockwaves and increased my BM3 to 110gr first 2 shots where perfect, then all hell broke loose and my unreliable shooting continued.

I switched to 300gr shockwaves still using 110gr BM3and my first shot was dead nuts. 2nd shot was 5 inches low to the left. The 3rd shot was high by 9 inchesand to the left. 4th shot was dead nuts. 5th shot was 6 inches low to the right. 6thshot was 3 inches high to the right.

I decided to try the 777. 2 pellets with 300gr shockwave. the first shot was dead nuts. 2nd shot was 1 inch high and a little to the right( but very acceptable. 3rd shot dead nuts. 4th shot dead nuts. and thats all the time I had. I'm very happy at this point as it seems my gun did not care for the BM3. i'll shot more on sat but I'm feeling pretty confident. Man that 777 is dirty compared to BM3. Bm3 requires 1 wet patch and 1 dry and your good to go. 777 required 3 or 4, but hey I would rather deal with that than have a gun that can't shot straight.

another Note i noticed the 300gr shockwaves where pretty hard to get down the barrel, compared to the 250gr.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Resolved. Confused and Disappointed Omega owner

I have had similar problems with the BM3 and heavier bullets but not that bad with lighter bullets. I plan on doing some more testing after the hunting season.

Try the 250's with the 777, they work well for me with 100gr of powder, under 2.5" at 200 yards and in my gun they load almost as easy as a powerbelt.All though mybore may be more broke in than yours after several hundred shots through it. I don't have to swab until the 6th or 7th shot most of the time and can still group under an inch at 100 yards.

Glad to hear you have found a solution, good luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Resolved. Confused and Disappointed Omega owner

You want to really smile try the 300g Shockwaves with 110-120g loose 2f Triple se7en. Look out it will blow your mind compare to what you have had for results. Now let's have some real fun. Buy some good quality sabots and .44cal bullets used for reloading the 44mag make sure you do not go below 250g for weight and get back to us