HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   looking for a cheap black power muzzleloader (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/114974-looking-cheap-black-power-muzzleloader.html)

bigtim6656 09-30-2005 03:39 PM

looking for a cheap black power muzzleloader

i am looking for a cheap muzzleloader to get throw untill next season the cheaper the better

Pittsburghunter 09-30-2005 05:45 PM

RE: looking for a cheap black power muzzleloader

Check all your local Walmarts till you find the CVA Bobcat. They are selling them for $54.97 and they shoot great. Not much to look at but if you read this forum you will see someone just got an elk with one.

cayugad 09-30-2005 05:51 PM

Wal Marts seem to have the best prices on most muzzleloaders. Like Pittsburghunter said, a CVA Bobcat is a good value in a side lock but they are getting hard to find in my area. If an inline is what you want, then you need to look at CVA or New Fronteer. Cabela's usually have a inline for around $99.00 and it will get you through this season and many more to come.

Triple Se7en 09-30-2005 08:46 PM

No mention of where he lives or where he will shop for the rifle. No mention of how much rifle money he's spending - no mention ofpossibly buying one online& no mention of inline or sidelock preference.

Difficult to help someone without any info.

cayugad 09-30-2005 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

No mention of where he lives or where he will shop for the rifle. No mention of how much rifle money he's spending - no mention ofpossibly buying one online& no mention of inline or sidelock preference.

Difficult to help someone without any info.
But that means we can suggest anything and get away with it... :D Maybe one of them cheap Omega's would do....

Triple Se7en 09-30-2005 10:26 PM

Dave

Sell him one of yours. That will allow enough room for theother twenty-somethingsin your gun safe...lol:D:D

Striper Phil 10-01-2005 07:31 AM

Wally World usually has a kit with all the supplies you will need for $100 or so.

bigtim6656 10-01-2005 09:59 AM

thanks i had looked at the bobcat but was worryed about it being a sidelock but i think i will pick one up

quigleysharps4570 10-01-2005 11:44 AM

Why would you be worried about it being a sidelock?

Chubber 10-01-2005 07:43 PM

If you don't mind getting a used one, you can find really nice ones for sale very cheap, especially right after hunting season ends and Christmas bills start coming due. I picked up a $400 inline for $75 that had been shot about 10 times. Complete and in original box. People often move up from the mid-range smokepoles to high end ones after 1 year or so.